Made it through our 2nd month...need advice!

wallajwu

May 2, 2006
Visit site
We've had our little drive thru open now for 2.5 months...
every week we have seen an increase in sales - that is until this last week!!! Our sales last week were the same as our first week or business!!!! Do days/weeks/months sales averages really vary this much???

Can anyone else tell me about their first few months in business???

Do things ever become more predictable/consistant - 6 months?? One Year?? I've got myself is a tizzy right now...any help would be much appreciated.

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
I would not place too much significance on figures from the first few weeks - it normally takes 18 months or longer until a coffee business has a predictable stream of revenue. Make your sales comparisons quarterly and annually for the greatest relevance.

Best,

Andrew

kc1

Aug 26, 2006
Visit site
I realise that it's very hard not to get caught up in the weekly (or even daily) sales figures when you're there putting your all into it every day. When we opened our first shop the daily sales figure used to determine our mood each evening no matter how many times we told ourselves to focus on the bigger picture. With all our shops however, we've seen positive sales trends over the first 12 months and that's month on month but strips out seasonal variations. But that disguises sharp variations over the shorter term. You should certainly be growing your customer base month on month during your first year as you convert customers to your brand. Good luck!

CafeBlue

Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
Visit site
Your dip in sales could indicate the "honeymoon" from your grand opening is over. Do some more marketing, distribute coupons, post new banners. It is only a few months - you are still new and still need to get the word out to potential customers who have not tried your brand yet. .