Making fun of coffee

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
It's a play on words of course.

Learning about coffee, almost exclusively through this forum over the last several months, has been especially fun for me. I used to think that my coffee habit was something I had to keep to myself. That it was a gross addiction, somewhat unnatural. Even my friends commented negatively about my coffee. I had no retort for them. They had their juice, mineral water, even tea but frowned at my coffee like I was beneath them.

Now I can tell them the region where my coffee was grown and harvested, about the various levels of roast, better brewing methods & techniques and so on.

Everything I've learned here came as a surprise to me. I needed to see what was going on in the coffee world, primarily because now, most of my customers are coffee shops. So it was self-serving in that way. But I had no idea what I was in for. I quickly latched onto this forum as I would a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning.

So anyway, this is a big !THANKS! to all of you in this forum who take the time to stop in and answer the newbies' questions. There are too many of you to name. Some have even come and gone, but thank you from davidsbiscotti.

You know who you are!!! :D
Ed

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Ed,

It was very nice of you to post that message. I think most of us "newbies" feel the same way. This forum contains lots of interesting and useful information. You too have been a great contributor, and I want to thank you!

I particularly like what you said when you wrote:

"So anyway, this is a big !THANKS! to all of you in this forum who take the time to stop in and answer the newbies' questions. There are too many of you to name. Some have even come and gone, but thank you [from Ed] at davidsbiscotti."

Nice job, real nice!

Rose

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
A lot of posts go unanswered, even some from longer term members. I try to participate and contribute where I can, even though my knowledge of coffee is limited. You know, so much of what we learn and retain is through interacting with others.

Thank you Rose, for your comments. :D

290 posts in six months

Well Ed, I wouldn't call you a newbie. 290 entries since October of last year is pretty heavy traffic. I've not read them all, but would venture to guess that you give as well as you get.

I like the diversity of people and experiences here. Everybody has something to contribute. The common thread is coffee. It's no wonder you would feel at home on the forum, with your propensity to drink the stuff.

And I, an even newbier newbie than you, also feel very much at home here. Good folks, good chat, good coffee.

If only my lawnmower would work... (now there's a diversion!)

Mako

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Yeh, 290 posts and no groupies yet, so I think I'm still a "newbie", at least a coffee newbie. LOL. I'm just a regular chatterbox man.
I have at least one secret admirer though and still can't quite figure out who that is. :D

Really though, thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. Sometimes, I write a post as a sort of "letter to the forum" and don't expect any replies. This one was a thank you to them who have made me feel at home and have taught me so much here.

There is a good group of diverse members here that all contribute to the whole of the coffee industry. We chat about everything from the coffee growing farms in Africa to the most efficient coffee roasters and espresso machines/brewing methods to business topics such as your cost of goods sold, marketing strategies and computer software & website reviews. It's all here, it's not just talk about how much sugar and cream do you like in your cup of joe (although that certainly has its place too).

Cheers Sharky!:D

*You might need to check that spark plug connection.
:wink:

espressogirl

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
I have to agree with davidsbiscotti that learning about coffee through this site and interacting with different people all over the world is interesting.

For many years, coffee has intrigued me and I've spent quite a number of years just learning about coffee. In fact, my lifestyle has revolved around coffee, and the air I breathe has literally the aroma of coffee. But it's really different if you share this passion and knowledge with the others and in the process, learn from the others as well.

Although I am just new in this forum, I can surmise that the people who are here are truly passionate coffee lovers.

See you around! :p

nirmalacrown

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I start my day with coffee. It really works as ignition to start my day. I will have coffee to reduce the effect of my anxiety, tension, confusion, frustration on my work. I feel I have no other better alternative than coffee to relax me while I work.

nirmalacrown

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Making fun of coffee is of no fun. It is not just about having coffee, but it is to know about the entire world of coffee itself here. It is a fact that coffee lovers get elated with the very aroma of coffee either at the dawn or dusk. Every small thing counts to enjoy the flavor and taste of coffee including basic ingredients like sugar, cream, work load, need for a break or relaxation. Having coffee is great! :p