Making \"Ice\" Coffee in a commercial operation

adco

Aug 26, 2008
Australia
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
as the risk of being hung, shot, dueled or otherwise I need help with the above (kind of like the mother in law :twisted: althought you have but hate having to deal with)

I cant for the life of my find a recipe to make good ice coffee in a commercial environment for two reasons:

1. We make very good coffee and im reluctant to put in ice coffee because everything else we do is high standard we have nice Wega Machines, Mazzer Grinders and I train my team extensivly and support them going into barista competitions to expand there thoughts on \"what else is out there\" but I cant get the product consistent or to my standard.

2. Cost....... ok someone has to make it, and again im reluctant to use powder or longlife variants, nor am I keen to get one of my baristas running off 100 shots in the morning from the Wega to be made in to ice coffee as the day progress''s

Can someone please point me in the right direction (or at least duel me at dawn to put me out of my misery!!!)

The simple point is I have customers asking for Ice Coffee id like to give them what they want but and I want to give them something of the standard the rest of our products HELP!!!!

Many thanks,
ADCO

adco

Aug 26, 2008
Australia
Visit site
Hi ElpugDiable and PinkRose,
really appreciate the tips, being in Australia we have this habbit of adding icecream also, i value your thoughts and if there is anything else you can suggest id love to hear it

mant thanks,
Adco

roaster dave

Aug 6, 2008
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
Look up some toddy recipes. I use a cold brew toddy recipe at my shop and it's been a real crowd pleaser for about 4 years now. I played around with various methods including hot brewing, cold brewing as well as various beans and blends. The final result was brewing the coffee cold overnight in a container, then straining the ground coffee out in the morning. I use a darker roast for this......Vienna roast. Of course, there is still the option of offering iced americanos as someone mentioned too.