Many heads are better than one. I'd like to use yours.

Greenarmyman

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
I am in the military, and upon my retirement I plan on opening my own coffeeshop. I would like to know how to merge a "military atmosphere" with the "stay a while-peaceful atmosphere" I feel it should have. I believe there is a way to merge them but it'll take some doing, and a brainstorm. I have come to ask for your help. Thanks in advance.

fudda02

Jun 6, 2005
Maryville, TN
Visit site
Hey greenarmyman,

You may want to look at setting up a special section devoted to memorabilia. Maybe placing your shadowbox, some photos of different places you’ve been stationed and TDY or even your uniform. I am in the military as well and I’m looking at doing some of the same things. You could even look at using camouflage patterns with your logo, upholstery and pictures. It doesn’t have to be the traditional green, maybe using the grey and black pattern to give it a modern industrial feel. Hope this helps.

Erik
8)

Buzzi

Mar 7, 2005
Visit site
You could create fun "directional" poles- with famous military places- Hiroshima Xmiles... Guantanamo... this way...

Names drinks after different military manuevers.

Could you get your hands on a flight simulator program??

"At your service:" Have your associate names on a slider board and assign them ranks.

I'm envisioning more of a diner style place- adding a bit more nastolgia.

And of course- your associates should answer every request- with a "sir, yes sir!" OK- that may be a bit much- but I would require it for those in uniform!!

Have fun with it!!

Espresso911

May 30, 2005
SF Bay Area/East Bay
Visit site
Ft Lewis, WA is your model

Hey Green Dude,
I just retired as well and started a Mobile Espresso Biz. Check out "Battle Bean" at Ft Lewis WA and you'll have the perfect set up. If you've been around the Army for awhile you'll know what I'm talking about.

Good Luck!

Greenarmyman

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone, keep 'em coming

Strangly enough I AM at Ft. Lewis right now, wierd huh? However I came up with the idea in my last duty station. I was surprised to see the "Battle bean". I like the fact they roast their own beans. Besides being a great idea for fresh coffee and espresso, it smells great. There are 3 Battle Beans on post here and I think they are hurting for space. Whenever I go there and get my order, I am handed it throught the tiny space between the espresso machine and the flavor syrups. So the most interaction i get is a hand.... oh well. I am still taking pictures of it and everywhere else that strikes my fancy until I finally sit down with my partners and hash this out. Again thank you and everyone else I've not had time to reply to, for your replies. I am in the field for months at time so its a bit difficult.

Thanks
Greenarmyman

cssharkey

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I used to be stationed at Ft. Lewis. They'll sell you beans at a pretty good price, too if you want. I have a coffee drive through right now but I am using a local roaster since they can supply me with everything else, too. Battle Bean has pretty good beans. They actually let me work there for a month (I volunteered) to get experience at the main shop on north fort. Dennis was the roaster there and talk to him if you're interested in buying beans from him.