Master's Thesis Survey - Results Coming Soon! (old thread from 2014)

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Remainder: friends, you can participate in the survey today and tomorrow. It will be closed this Monday! Last chance to help me :p

P.s. - Thank you for another 11 responses!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Remainder: friends, you can participate in the survey today and tomorrow. It will be closed this Monday! Last chance to help me :p

P.s. - Thank you for another 11 responses!

I hope you can get a lot more responses before the survey closes.

I also hope you will honor your promise to share the results with us.

Rose

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I will do it during the August, Rose. May I attach the Word / Excel document here? Or is it fine writing a summary of results? With bullpoints, you know :)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Yes, I will do it during the August, Rose. May I attach the Word / Excel document here? Or is it fine writing a summary of results? With bullpoints, you know :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

We don't have the capability to attach a Word or Excel document here on the Forum, so a summary of the highlights of your findings would be great.

Then, I hope you will continue to be an active member on the Coffee Forum, after it's all said and done.

Rose

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
I don't want to be negative, but I exited out before finishing the survey. I became uncomfortable with the premise, and the questions seemed not to be of "Master's" thesis variety. I began to suspect a web scam of some sort and bailed. My apologies to the author in the probable case that he is a legitamate student doing research. But I just didn't feel that the questions supported an academic hypothesis of any sort. The final straw for me was when he said that the results would be reviewed by Starbucks managers. Why would the academic provide survey results to the subject for their review? Again, my apologies if you are indeed all that you say you are, but I suggest caution on the part of survey participants.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm sure George (gosha) will explain it all to us in the near future.

I asked him a lot of questions in a private message, and his reply was thoughtful and reasonable. I didn't want to post any comments here because I thought it would mess up his survey results. My impression is that people need to start out taking the survey with an open mind, and then see if their opinions or observations change as they complete the survey.

Rose

Last edited:

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad you discussed it with him. That eases my mind.

Hi Bardo,

My Thesis has two aims:

1) Theoretical contribution: does the fact that company empowers its customers influence their perception of company?
2) Practical implication: what Starbucks managers should do with MSI today? Close it down, change some features, keep the current form?

Sorry that I did not disclose this information before but it could affect potential responses :-(

Georgy

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Survey is closed! Thank you for helping me out, coffee lovers!

I will write the results during the August. But I can already tell you that responses of CoffeeForums users are different compared to others. They are more negative regarding Starbucks service :) And I am not surprised by this fact :-D

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am back to report my findings as promised! I will write them shortly:

- 70% of respondents did not know about MyStarbucks Idea existence
- if customers and employees know about MyStarbucks Idea, then they show higher level of satisfaction with Starbucks service
- if people hate Starbucks, then nothing positive may change their mind
- after knowing about MyStarbucks Idea, people showed more positive attitudes towards Starbucks
- satisfaction is positively correlated with loyalty and purchasing intent (i.e. if you are more satisfied, then you are more loyal)

If you have any other questions, then you can always ask me :coffee: And one more time, thank you all for your participation!

P.s. - sorry that I cannot publish whole report with the results (it is so because my Thesis is not submitted yet)

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
P.p.s. - if you want me to report results in another way, just let me know! Just remember - I cannot publish whole report with results today.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
George,

Thank you for posting the results. It is interesting to see how the survey came out.

When it's all done, will you be recommending that Starbucks keep the My Starbucks Idea program?

I sometimes visit the Starbucks website and read some of the ideas and suggestions that people come up with. Some of them are very interesting.

Rose

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, Starbucks should keep MyStarbucks Idea and promote it more actively. If people know that Starbucks listens their opinion, it will increase their satisfaction about company. Moreover, people do not really care about implementation issues - just the matter of fact that their ideas have been taken into account makes them happier.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Moreover, people do not really care about implementation issues - just the matter of fact that their ideas have been taken into account makes them happier.

Yes, but if a person has a good idea, and Starbucks implements it and uses it to improve their products or service, then it would be great if that person received some sort of "reward" for taking the time and effort to make the suggestion.