MBA Project

dunahoejp

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi all--
I am participating in an Economics project which is a hypothetical case of taking Peet''s Coffee & Tea into China. One of the key parts of the project is determining a break even analysis for a store. I having some difficulty in deriving store level costs for Peet''s (or any similar specialy coffee operaton). Specifically, I am trying to estimate the sources of revenue and expense categories associated with a retail operation along with any cost ranges. I appreciate any feedback on this topic or other items my project team should consider.

Wow, you are asking alot; honestly for any one here to share. The variables are in-numerous. the demand, the exchange rate the pay for labor, marketing , obtaining green beans to roast or buying roasted/importing roasted coffee beans. The lease cost ......whay not study Starbucks-they are already there.( China)

dunahoejp

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the response. If it's easier, you can ignore the China part of the equation. We just want to understand the typical costs/revenues of a chain-like coffee shop. For example, we believe revenue is derived from beverage, food and whole bean (bag) sales, but don't have a sense for what the ratios are. We can address the typical costs for leasing, but what is typical payroll (or how many employees per shift), supply costs (milk, coffee-how much do you go through a day?), equipment costs.

I'm sure I'm missing other obvious items. We have looked at a number of Starbuck's cases, but none has this kind of granularity.