Meeting With Contractor For Buildout, Questions.

CenRoast

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello All,

This coming week, my business partner and I will be meeting with a couple commercial contractors to get bids for the buildout for our potential coffee shop, and I wanted to check with you guys to make sure I'm not overlooking anything, and get some suggestions on things to go over. We've never opened a shop before, and haven't ever operated this type of business, so it's all pretty new to us.

Here's what I know about the building:
-Roughly 2500 sqft.
-No plumbing, but the floors have been taken out, and slab prepared for the plumbing to go in; we just need to tell them where we want it.
-Three-phase electricity.

Other than that, the building is a shell. Can you guys give me some ideas on things I need to make the contractor aware of when going over what we need to have done? We're going to add two bathrooms, a small office, and a small kitchen where the commercial refrigerator/freezer will go. Other than that, we're looking to add the bar where the sinks, espresso machines, grinders etc. will go, and a Probat 5 roaster right at the front. We don't know anything about roasting, and haven't roasted before, but it's part of our concept. If it turns out that roasting immediately isn't the smartest decision for us, we will scrap the idea, but until then, we want to prepare as if it's something we're doing. With the roaster, will we need to do duct work up through the roof? And will we need access to natural gas, or anything else to run it?

Thanks, and I look forward to discussing it with you guys.

Best
-J

LifeFit

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Give me a call 419.290.8255. My Name is Matt!

Hello All,

This coming week, my business partner and I will be meeting with a couple commercial contractors to get bids for the buildout for our potential coffee shop, and I wanted to check with you guys to make sure I'm not overlooking anything, and get some suggestions on things to go over. We've never opened a shop before, and haven't ever operated this type of business, so it's all pretty new to us.

Here's what I know about the building:
-Roughly 2500 sqft.
-No plumbing, but the floors have been taken out, and slab prepared for the plumbing to go in; we just need to tell them where we want it.
-Three-phase electricity.

Other than that, the building is a shell. Can you guys give me some ideas on things I need to make the contractor aware of when going over what we need to have done? We're going to add two bathrooms, a small office, and a small kitchen where the commercial refrigerator/freezer will go. Other than that, we're looking to add the bar where the sinks, espresso machines, grinders etc. will go, and a Probat 5 roaster right at the front. We don't know anything about roasting, and haven't roasted before, but it's part of our concept. If it turns out that roasting immediately isn't the smartest decision for us, we will scrap the idea, but until then, we want to prepare as if it's something we're doing. With the roaster, will we need to do duct work up through the roof? And will we need access to natural gas, or anything else to run it?

Thanks, and I look forward to discussing it with you guys.

Best
-J