Micro Roastery--Personalize Your Coffee Beans!

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Hello All!
We've launched our Micro Roastery! With over one hundred varieties of beans and infinite blends, you can customize your, origin, roast, grind(optional), and flavors(optional) to suite your personal taste! Every bag is roasted to order, and shipped the very same day!
We'd like to thank all the cuppers on this forum who participated in sampling our beans and offering their opinions! Thank you all! Your feedback was great!
We'd love it if you paid us a visit at: http://baccabellabeans.com/ and contact us with an questions, comments, or feedback!
Cheers to fresh coffee!

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Hello All!
We've launched our Micro Roastery! With over one hundred varieties of beans and infinite blends, you can customize your, origin, roast, grind(optional), and flavors(optional) to suite your personal taste! Every bag is roasted to order, and shipped the very same day!
We'd like to thank all the cuppers on this forum who participated in sampling our beans and offering their opinions! Thank you all! Your feedback was great!
We'd love it if you paid us a visit at: http://baccabellabeans.com/ and contact us with an questions, comments, or feedback!
Cheers to fresh coffee!

I was checking out your shipping rates and you have a "fixed flat rate" at $0.00, what exactly does that mean? I am in Nebraska if you could elaborate on that fixed rate please. Most places I order from usually take 3/4 days to get to me and charge around $5/6 for shipping.

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I was checking out your shipping rates and you have a "fixed flat rate" at $0.00, what exactly does that mean? I am in Nebraska if you could elaborate on that fixed rate please. Most places I order from usually take 3/4 days to get to me and charge around $5/6 for shipping.

Hello, Duffyjr! Thanks for pointing out the glitch! We use USPS Priority Mail and charge a flat rate of $4.95 for shipping. Each order takes about three days to arrive. We've amended the information on the website. Again thanks for mentioning it! We're happy to offer you free shipping for your help. If you'd like, let us know at: [email protected] and we'll send you a discount code!
Thank you!
Cheers!

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Hello, Duffyjr! Thanks for pointing out the glitch! We use USPS Priority Mail and charge a flat rate of $4.95 for shipping. Each order takes about three days to arrive. We've amended the information on the website. Again thanks for mentioning it! We're happy to offer you free shipping for your help. If you'd like, let us know at: [email protected] and we'll send you a discount code!
Thank you!
Cheers!

Glad I could help and I will take you up on your offer, I will be contacting you soon.

Thanks!

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Very cool website, good luck with the new business! We will be launching our website soon which may actually compliment what your doing nicely. Stay in touch, have a great weekend.

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Very cool website, good luck with the new business! We will be launching our website soon which may actually compliment what your doing nicely. Stay in touch, have a great weekend.

Hello!
Thank you! We are working hard to provide a personalized coffee experience with fresh, customized single origin roasts and blends. Would be interested in hearing about your website and plans as well!
Feel free to contact me at: [email protected]
Cheers!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
CPavari. I wish you well on your business. I just do not know how you are going to be able to keep off when this takes off. I roast to order now and it is tricky with only offering what I offer...I can't imagine customizing every order. The last company I worked for was an online roastery/roast to order. We hit 100k lbs a month and it was NUTS. I went in at 3 am and roasted non stop...sometime up to 21 hours. What happens when you get 10, 100..no a 1000 custom orders? I just checked out your site and was able to pick a 10 bean blend. How do you do that if it is only 12 oz? I am not dissing you just trying to wrap my head around this. Look forward to hearing about this ;)

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
CPavari. I wish you well on your business. I just do not know how you are going to be able to keep off when this takes off. I roast to order now and it is tricky with only offering what I offer...I can't imagine customizing every order. The last company I worked for was an online roastery/roast to order. We hit 100k lbs a month and it was NUTS. I went in at 3 am and roasted non stop...sometime up to 21 hours. What happens when you get 10, 100..no a 1000 custom orders? I just checked out your site and was able to pick a 10 bean blend. How do you do that if it is only 12 oz? I am not dissing you just trying to wrap my head around this. Look forward to hearing about this ;)

Great question! My partner is actually a robotics engineer and is working on automatizing the custom blends. The ten different beans each represent 10% of the blend so if a customer chooses ten different origins each will be 1.2 oz of the roast. With the automatization this should be quite possible! We’ll be expanding, of course, according to our orders. Hope this answers your question! Thanks for your interest! Happy to answer anything else!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
What size roaster do you have? The reason I ask is lets say you have 10 different blends. That's 10 different batches. Even if you are one of these new school roasters that roasts at 9 minutes that is 90 minutes to produce only 10 lbs. If you have anything over a 2 kilo you will have left over because you have to do at least a quarter of the size of the roaster. Like I said earlier I am just trying to wrap my head around your concept. You should have a section where you give suggestions...otherwise which coffees blend well together and ones that do not. I would also suggest that people do not blend more than 3 coffees. Some coffees would just wash out/over power others. I would love to see pics of your roastery. You do not have any posted on your site.

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Sounds like he can roast small batches.

"The ten different beans each represent 10% of the blend so if a customer chooses ten different origins each will be 1.2 oz of the roast."

Or am I missing something?

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
My partner, the robotics engineer, won't show off the system, but let's just say you're on the right track with multiple roasters roasting small amounts :coffee:

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
CPavari - I forgot to inquire about your roasting days, do you have a weekly schedule for what days you roast on?
We try (though not always achievable) to roast within 24 hours of the order being placed so our schedule is determined by our customers...We don't want to let time pass as the customer could be out of coffee and that's an urgent situation;-)