Micro Roastery--Personalize Your Coffee Beans!

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
CPavari - as I was looking thru more selections of your beans one thing I see that I think would be beneficial to know is in the drop down menu for Roast Profile you have "Roaster's Recommended Profile" but it doesn't tell me what that is.

I guess my thinking has been if the roaster is roasting a been at medium dark/dark it's because he thinks that is getting the most out of that bean but if it I don't like dark roasts then it may not be for me.

Just a thought.

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
CPavari - as I was looking thru more selections of your beans one thing I see that I think would be beneficial to know is in the drop down menu for Roast Profile you have "Roaster's Recommended Profile" but it doesn't tell me what that is.

I guess my thinking has been if the roaster is roasting a been at medium dark/dark it's because he thinks that is getting the most out of that bean but if it I don't like dark roasts then it may not be for me.

Just a thought.

Great thought! We'll certainly look into it! In the meantime let us know if you'd like to know the recommended roast of any of the beans!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
My partner, the robotics engineer, won't show off the system, but let's just say you're on the right track with multiple roasters roasting small amounts :coffee:
I just can't see how you can keep up if you are truly custom roasting to order. Why are you so secretive of your roasting process/operation? Most people are proud to show off what they do and have. I look forward to hearing of your success.

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I just can't see how you can keep up if you are truly custom roasting to order. Why are you so secretive of your roasting process/operation? Most people are proud to show off what they do and have. I look forward to hearing of your success.
We are anticipating filing patents. :smile: Hope you get a chance to try our beans.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I remember years ago. I mean like 10 years or maybe even longer, a guy had these air roasters that you could walk up and choose what you wanted exactly. Blend and roast profile. He said that it was all automated and that it was going to put all of us professional roasters out of business. I mean in theory it looks great. I am not a fan of automation...This is still partly an art.

CPavari

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
I remember years ago. I mean like 10 years or maybe even longer, a guy had these air roasters that you could walk up and choose what you wanted exactly. Blend and roast profile. He said that it was all automated and that it was going to put all of us professional roasters out of business. I mean in theory it looks great. I am not a fan of automation...This is still partly an art.
Couldn't agree more! We dabbled in automating our roasts in the beginning but came to the same conclusion. Roasting is an art. We're only talking about automation for the blending and such. Roasting still lies in the skill and experience of the roaster.
Sounds like you have quite a history of coffee experience! How long have you been in the industry?

Seb

Mar 18, 2014
Quebec/Canada
Visit site
Something like this i maybe:

IMG_4077.JPG

https://dailycoffeenews.com/2018/03...to-order-with-mad-scientisty-fluid-bed-setup/

Last edited: