Mid Missouri Espresso machine dealer w/service?

byergo

Jan 17, 2006
Visit site
I'm planning to start a espresso drive thru in mid Missouri. Anyone know who the best dealer in espresso machines and equipment in terms of overall value and quality? Want the ability to do high volume quickly.

Willing to work with the right party in STL or KC, as this may be necessary...

Scott Byergo
[email protected]

byergo

Jan 17, 2006
Visit site
How often do commercial espresso machines break down, and how critical is the service component? Do most shops have a backup machine at the ready to continue business operations in case of a down machine?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Most commercial machines break down when they are neglected, i.e. lack of water filtration, cleaning, and misuse. Group o-rings, screens, steam arm rebuild kits (gasket, spring, spring ball seat, maybe another o-ring), and steam valve rebuild kits (o-rings and seat) will always need replacing. Most service plans call for it every 4 to 6 months.

Almost every part in an espresso machine has a life expectancy and will need replacing. Usually after the 4th or 5th year a major overhaul is recommended. Replace everything above as well as all the gaskets and o-rings. That usually requires rebuilding the water inlet manifold, backflow valve, and the expansion valve. I’m not going over every thing else but there is still a lot more that needs replacing or rebuilding.

So really if all the maintenance is done correctly and on a timely manner your machine should run for several rebuilds.

Service should be 2nd on your mind after deciding what type of machine you want. You should check to see if they are factory trained, how long have they been in business, and if they have any references. Do they carry parts on hand for your machine or they order them as needed? If you espresso machine breaks, do they guarantee a 24-hour response time?

You may want to check to see if they have some type of water filtration protection plan. If so they might maintain your filtration for you.

If I have a loaner I will install if for them, but it's not cheap, nor should it be. It is not the responsibility of the service center to have a loaner. I often try to get storeowners to buy a used machine and have it rebuilt for such an occasion or if they upgraded to a new machine have the old one rebuilt for a spare.

morrisn

Mar 27, 2006
Visit site
Check out the Nuova Simonelli, particularly the Aurelia, it is a great machine with many excellent features and if I have a problem they do supply a loaner

DavesLT

Nov 6, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
Scott, check out my website and then talk to Skip at Lakota Coffee Roasters about my machines. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I've been selling and servicing espresso machines for over twenty years. -Dave

AndyV

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Need repair in Jefferson City MO

P.S. I forgot to mention I'm located in St.Louis and cover most of the Midwest, and Lakota Coffee Roasters is in Columbia, MO. -Dave

Dave, read this string and I am familar with Lakota and the roaster there. I am in need of cimbali espresso machine repair. Is this something you can help with? Thanks,