Migraine Triggers/Caffeine?

Redtea

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
They say it can caffeine can trigger it, but I find that caffeine actually helps me more than anything. Caffeine is one of the main ingredients in excedrin which for me is the best headache/migraine medicine around.

samirbalwani

Mar 13, 2014
Jersey City
Visit site
Yeah, I know a few friends that say that caffeine triggers their migraines - but only when they have a lot. Maybe it has something to do with the caffeine crash? I don't know enough about it, just a guess.

SamFraser

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
Well, I have exactly the same problem when my migraine attacks appear. It is really not easy to live with t, especially if they occur often. Every migraine attack is a hell for me. Because I have to stay in dark places and to sleep all day. That is really shity. And after that, I mix day and night and it causes many other different problems. But I have found a very good drug to treat such attacks. and migraines became much rarer. That is kratom. I take it from https://thegoldenmonk.com/buy-kratom/buy-kratom-walgreens/ and I make tea from it when I feel bad.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
If I already have a headache, I stay away from coffee until the headache goes away. Fortunately I don't have them very often so I usually get my one to two cups of cafe au lait in the morning to jump start my day.

georgewhittington

Apr 1, 2019
Visit site
Caffeine doesn't cause headaches, but it can trigger what's known as caffeine rebound. This occurs when you consume too much caffeine and subsequently experience withdrawal from it. The side effects can be severe, sometimes worse than a typical headache or migraine itself.

ayrin

Dec 12, 2020
Visit site
Blood vessels enlarge prior to experiencing a migraine. Caffeine includes vasoconstrictive properties that can restrict blood flow. This means that ingesting caffeine can decrease the pain caused by a migraine. That's why it's an ingredient in a lot of popular pain relievers. It can make them as much as 40% more effective. Sometimes you can stop the pain in its tracks just by having caffeine alone. I have exactly suffer the same problem, when migraine attack and I immediately take black coffee :coffeecup: which contains more caffeine & help me to relief migraine pain .

roblenon

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
Some Foods Like Eggs, tomatoes, onions, dairy products, wheat, including pasta and bread products, citrus fruits, nitrites found in foods, alcohol, especially red wine can also trigger migraine.

Ronaldooo

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
I think I get migranes from tiredness mostly. I used to get them from cheese, but don’t seem to anymore. Some beers will get me, but I hardly drink. I’ve had one from what I think was hot fresh bread before (something to do with the yeast i think??).

Caffeine (loads of coffee) with online pharmacy aspirin and paracetamol seems to help stop them or at least make them less severe if caught early enough. If it goes ‘full on’; nothing with cure it except climbing into bed with the lights off.

Last edited:

streem26

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I would definitely say to avoid the energy drink. It also could have been something else in the drink though or maybe the amount of caffeine, or it could have been something different entirely. I know that for me caffeine usually seems to help with migraines, but it can make some people's migraines worse.