Jun 30, 2006
Visit site
Long and narrow... It can work!

p_Palo_Alto_CA.jpg

marcshia

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Professional advice

Plese reply to this message only if you are contributing with a professional advice.

M.S.

ElPugDiablo

marcshia said:
Where can I find more info about layouts for coffee shops?
There are a few cafe design books out there, and there a a few designing firms out there just google coffeehouse design or go to amazon and search cafe design. But the truth of the matter is you have to have a menu first. Once you have a menu, you need to project (guess) your business volume. Once you know these, you then look for equipment that will fit your need. Once you know the equipment you will know the space you need. You then design the counter that will put all equipment you need to serve what is on your menu. For lay out purpose, you need to have safe but maximum work flow efficiency behind the counter, so your staff serving the most people with the least amount of wasted step. And you need good customers traffic flow, so when you have line out the door, your customers are not tripping over each other with hot coffee.

Crazy4Coffee

Jan 27, 2007
Visit site
marcshia said:
I am considering a space with the following dimensions:

15'4 x 65'

How can I make it work?

M.S.

I posted a photo of a very narrow shop that I thought could be of help in showing MSCIOVILLE what could be done design wise with a very narrow space.

Here is a private message MSCIOVILLE sent me today to show his/her appreciation for my effort to help:

To: Crazy4Coffee
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:45 pm
Subject: Professional advice
Hello,
I just wanted to make sure that you understand that what we are looking for is professional advice, not this kind of reply.

Please do not waste anybody else's time with this kind of messages in a forum that was designed to help professional people.
M.S.

So, just let me say, MSCIOVILLE, you're welcome.

:roll:

marcshia

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Thank you

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are looking for long and narrow, here is long and narrow.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

M.S.

Crazy4Coffee

Jan 27, 2007
Visit site
When I first posted, the photo of the "long and narrow" coffee bar came up but was rather large. Since then, it no longer shows up. Caffe biscotto was gracious enough to post a smaller version of the photo, but for some reason his post has been deleted. My post loses its context without the photo.
Try right clicking the blue square with the question mark to see the photo.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Yeah, sorry about that C4C, I took it out of MySpace. It has to be live online somewhere. It was a good example of a coffee shop designed in a long and narrow hallway type area.

I'll see if I can put it somewhere........

marcshia

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Thank you

I appreciate that you have clarified this for me.

Thank you also for taking the time to answer my questions. I know that you are also busy.

M.S.