Mobile coffee truck vs. Coffee shop

CoffeeMan101

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, :coffeecup:

I am looking into starting my own little coffee business in maybe the next year or two and I wanted to see if maybe a mobile coffee truck will be a better idea then a shop on the corner. The location I'm looking at is a pretty small town, with the truck I was thinking stopping at local stores like a mall or Kmart that may allow me to sell on their property, the parks and all. I thought it may help better instead of a shop on the corner of the road, being two Starbucks already it maybe a challenge.

Was also thinking, Tennessee is about five minutes to me, Might be able to go the closest town in Tennessee and operate in two locations,

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
Hey Coffeeman!
I don't know much about shops, but I love my truck! Its nice because there's no rent. I open when I want to and I can take my show on the road (my wife and I are going to do a National Parks tour next summer). So my vote is for mobile, but I'm biased cause that's what I own.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions. I also have a blog on my website: www.greenjoecoffeetruck.com

Last edited:

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Hey Coffeeman!
I don't know much about shops, but I love my truck! Its nice because there's no rent. I open when I want to and I can take my show on the road (my wife and I are going to do a National Parks tour next summer). So my vote is for mobile, but I'm biased cause that's what I own.

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions. I also have a blog on my website: www.greenjoecoffeetruck.com

Congratulations on your coffee trailer mobile business!
Enjoyed the videos, and all the info. Nice work.
Maybe you should look into the Bunn pourovers with carafes.
I have used them in the past, did not find them to be too utterly slow.
Mostly I use Fetco now, much more expensive but great quality. Pulse brewing etc.

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
Hey Jumpin!
Thank you so much!
Bunn may not be a bad route to invest in. The Grindmaster was cheap (get what you pay for right?) and in the future, I'll need to upgrade. But for now they'll serve their purpose. I'll look into the Fetco, sounds like it might be a great route to go...you're a pretty big fan of them?