Mr. Coffee

javaguy317

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
20b9358346a17d82ebf86f171225d38f.jpg

I love this scene in Spaceballs. "everyone knows I drink coffee when I watch radar" How far off are we from a sweet looking coffee vending machines like this one?

javaguy317

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Who knows what kind of coffee you could get out of some vending machines? But it sure would be nice just to run down to the snack room and have a cup of coffee brewed right away!

greentea

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There was definitely a coffee machine like this at my university in spain... not so great. but for 50 cents, I will take what i can get!

kris7047th

Mar 24, 2011
Monroe, Mich
Visit site
Some of the best coffee I have tasted was made over a campfire .. I mean1860's style! in a handmade tin pot over a fire when I used to participate at Civil War Reenactments. :: I confess I cheated, using those large pods, drop two big ones in the pot filled with water and hang over the fire, 'cause I am not into chewing the grounds.. lol) I grew up in the fifties and sixties with my grandparents using an electric percolator every morning. They swore by it. Currently, I am using a Cuisinart which still turns out hot coffee just like the first day I used it. Farberware?? Uhh... don't waste your money.

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
Some of the best coffee I have tasted was made over a campfire .. I mean1860's style! in a handmade tin pot over a fire when I used to participate at Civil War Reenactments..

Really! My website's name came from the poem, "Oh Captain! My Captain!. I have a personal letter to me from Shelby Foote on my wall here at home along with a personalized signature, written in dip pen on his personal stationary. i even called and talked to him on the phone. Last count I had about 180 Civil War books. Three original copies of Harpers Illustrated as well! Other stuff as well (muzzle loader, sabre, two original programs from Grant's memorial services in various places, etc.).

Nothing like grinding coffee with a rifle butt on a rock.. as long as you remember to empty the chamber first!

If only we would have listened to T. Jefferson...