My Bonavita 1800ts needs replacing.

tmccumber

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

New to forum and was looking for some advice. My Bonavita 1800 has started leaking from the bottom and will not start up brew cycle. I would just get another one since I have been rather happy with it brews, but I was looking for different options though since I have not had much luck with my Bonavitas. This one only lasted about 18 months and it was a replacement after my original died after about 2 years. I do not know if I am expecting too much for what I am paying but I would think the machines would last longer.

I normally brew one pot a day. I like a strong cup of coffee and almost always look for dark roast beans when shopping around. I do grind using a burr grinder just before brewing. I like a thermal carafe since on the weekends I tend to drink the pot all morning, but this is not an absolute must since I can just buy a separate thermal carafe if needed. I do not have a lot of money and was looking to spend around $150-200, but I could go as high as $300 if there was a machine that was well worth it.

I really appreciate any help and advice you can give.

Thank you in advance
Tim McCumber

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I like the Bonavita also though, you do need to decalcify and clean to keep the aforementioned from happening.
They should be warranteed so you might inquire, especially if you are purchasing from the same store.

Technivorm Moccamaster is also a nice brewer but at twice the price and has its own quirks. They are the top rated brewer though

DwightYorke

Nov 2, 2018
Visit site
If you want to take it a step further with regards to control Behmor Brazen Plus should be on your radar.

Moccamaster is well built but it's even more basic than the Bonavita. For some reason, it has become very esteemed in the US. In Europe, where it's from, it's not really seen as anything outstanding.

Last edited:

Largefarva

Dec 26, 2017
Spring Grove, IL
Visit site
I have to say to stay away from the Behmor. I had a Behmor Connected and while it made great coffee it was a pain to use sometimes. For any number of reasons it would fail to actually brew a pot of coffee even though it was set up ahead of time. With the thermal carafe you couldn’t tell just by looking at it if it had brewed or not...it was always at the most inconvenient time that you realize that it didn’t brew. Then you have to wait 12-14 minutes for it to get through a brew cycle. At 4am this is an eternity when all you want to do is sit down with a cup of coffee and wake up. Oh and the thermal carafe is a pain to pour from. It’s extremely slow to pour from if you leave it be, but if you take the lid off for pouring you will spill all over the place if you’re not extremely careful with how you pour. The lid and carafe are complete garbage in my opinion.

I replaced my 1 year old Behmor with a Technivorm Moccamaster, and couldn’t be happier. I got a glass carafe and see from across the room at a glance how much coffee I have left, and with a brew cycle of only about 5-6 minutes I can just push the button while I’m feeding our dogs and by the time they are done eating I have a full pot of coffee waiting for me. I can’t recommend the Moccamaster enough....if this one ever breaks I’ll will be ordering a new one immediately. Makes an absolutely great cup of coffee.