Name that coffee!

Yves Of Destruction

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi! I''ve come up with an espresso-drink that I don''t know what to call. Quite possible, it already has a name, so if you know what it is, please tell me. Here''s how to make it.
Cut a slice (app. same size as your thumb) of lemon peel - if not organic, be sure to wash it thouroughly before use - , bend it so the skin snaps and and put it in a medium sized coffee cup, like the ones usually used for cappucinos. Add one sweetener-tablet* and make your espresso over it. Steam a bit of milk, preferrably of 3-4 pct. fat, and be sure to make it real creamy. Not those big 80''s-style bubbles, but small prickly ones. S-l-o-w-l-y pour it in the espresso and wait a sec before drinking. It''s the perfect dessert, imho.

*I''ve tried with real cane sugar, but for some reason, I actually like it better with sweetener. Dunno why.

Yves Of Destruction

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
Excactly, lemon peel. I just remembered that I'd written it wrong when I had posted the topic. And as it was my first ever, I couldn't edit it before it had been mod-approved...but yeah, lemon peel. Does it have a name?

ElPugDiablo

an espresso with a lemon peel on the side is called espresso romano although Italians categorically deny of having anything to do with such practice. A place in Seattle did a mocha with an orange peel and I think they called it caffe medici, but I don't think anyone else did the drink. These are, as far as I know, the only two espresso drinks where citrus peels are used.

Yves Of Destruction

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
Humm, okay, thanks. You should try it out. I shall call it Latte Romano, I think. I tried it with orange peel but I dont think it's nearly as good as with the lemon. Limes are too bitter.