Need help on how to operate coffee bean business from over sea!!!Please, Thank You

OrginialBean

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, My name is Steve, Im 25years old and I'am new to the coffeeforums community. I have always enjoy drinking coffee at a early age and now i am thinking to operate my own coffee bean business with my family from Vietnam. My family have been growing coffee for years now and the business is very succesful in Vietnam. They grow their own coffee, roast, and package them, to be distribute to their contractors in Vietnam. I recently went back to Vietnam to visit them and saw how they operate the business and the beautiful coffee farm. After my vacation i thought to my self why don't i use this opportunity and operate my own business in California. My idea was to import my family coffee bean into the United State and hope i can distribute to other business here. Please advice me on how i should start this business, what i need to know, what i shouldn't do and becareful for. Any advice will help me alot. I appreciate everybody time for reading this. Thanks so much. :grin::-D

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hi All, My name is Steve, Im 25years old and I'am new to the coffeeforums community. I have always enjoy drinking coffee at a early age and now i am thinking to operate my own coffee bean business with my family from Vietnam. My family have been growing coffee for years now and the business is very succesful in Vietnam. They grow their own coffee, roast, and package them, to be distribute to their contractors in Vietnam. I recently went back to Vietnam to visit them and saw how they operate the business and the beautiful coffee farm. After my vacation i thought to my self why don't i use this opportunity and operate my own business in California. My idea was to import my family coffee bean into the United State and hope i can distribute to other business here. Please advice me on how i should start this business, what i need to know, what i shouldn't do and becareful for. Any advice will help me alot. I appreciate everybody time for reading this. Thanks so much. :grin::-D

Welcome aboard.

There is no easy answers to your questions but I will list of things you need to know.

1. You need to know the details of the beans your family grows. Is it Robusta or Arabica. Grade of your beans and what can you offer. Do you have your own brand?
2. Who are you selling the beans to currently. Are you selling to wholesalers.
3. What is the volume your farm produce each year.
But the hardest part is to find your own customers.

The price of coffee is very cheap these days. So your profit margin won't be much higher selling here in US unless you create your own brand and market that way.
Once you can answer the questions above, you can come back and ask further questions like..... I have ******* type of coffee beans and ***** grade at ***** many pounds available.

Latest posts