Need help on making coffee

kiittttyyy

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
So, I bought a bag of coffee its a espresso roast type and I don''t know how to make it :cry: What I did was pour hot water over it. Since its espresso am I suppose to use a espresso machine for it? The directions say just to put hot water...

Frihed89

Dec 2, 2007
Copenhagen
Visit site
That depends

Some espresso beans, like Daterra, might even taste better as regular coffee than espresso. So, by all means try it out.

To make espresso, you need an espresso-maker.

The traditional italian espresso makers work fine (and are not expensive), but some complain that the metal these are made of pose health risks. All I know is. Italians make the best espresso drinks in the world. Go to Italy and find out!

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
depends. "espresso roast" is a misnomer. Espresso is a grind fineness setting or the product of an espresso machine. The way you prepare it is dependant on how it is ground more than anything. If it is real fine like a coarse talcum powder you need an espresso machine or do what you were doing...its called cowboy coffee around here. Boil water, pour in coffee, simmer and then pour cold water on top to sink the grounds.

If it is more flakey(~2 cm flakes) you can use an automatic machine or a french press(or again do what you were doing)

kiittttyyy

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, I tried making it like regular coffee, but the coffee powder does not exactly go away. So I'll have a browish blackish drink with the coffee powder still in it :oops:

Frihed89

Dec 2, 2007
Copenhagen
Visit site
Does that happen with filter coffee? Or just with a press? In my country people still make filter coffee one cup at a time with plastic filter holders that fit right over the cup.

If you have the beans, just don't ground it so fine for the filter or french press version, but I am not sure what size is ideal. I am still working on that. This is hard!

Buy an espresso maker.