Need help with coffee shop layout

java_fan

Nov 24, 2004
Visit site
I gotta prepare a layout for the coffee shop. I need to include the following:

Along with coffee, this store would be selling baked goods with the exception of donuts. There is no drive-through and the type of customers expected at this store would be walk-in. The customers will not be in a rush to leave and there will also be gifts and magazines available for sale.

A basic rough idea of where to place each section or item would be helpful. This would include tables and chairs, cash registers, possibly a line for customers to make phone calls, space for storage, and other displays.

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
Ergonomic design is very important for your cafe to operate well.

There are design and equipment placement examples for a 1000 sq. ft. coffee house and a 2000+ sq. ft. coffee house in Bean Business Basics ... These are very detailed and include everything from your pastry cases, refrigeration, washrooms, and even furniture layout ideas.

Often people will hire a company to do their design for them, or at least put a second set of eyes on them ... but if you are looking for a way to get a good rough idea this may be the way to go.

I think that Cafe Design by Pegler has some overhead plans, but they are not as detailed as far as equipment goes, more for interior design ...

Good Luck!

BT

Latest posts