Need help with Toper 10K

H14

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
A friend and fellow roaster recently passed away suddenly. He had just taken possession of a new Toper 10K and never really got a chance to roast much on it before he died. I'm used to a US Roaster 5K and this Toper sure doesn't act like my roaster at all. I haven't found much via search, I was wondering if anyone has much experience with these and would be willing to give me a little info.

H14

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
What kind of info are you looking for? I have used 2, 10 and 120 kilo topers in the past.

With the original owner gone and not much information about toper I was wondering about parts and support. Is there a US dealer or does everything have to be done through Toper in Turkey. As for as roasting I've only run a few batches through it so I'm not even close to getting a handle on it and I've only got a couple of years roasting under my belt so that's not helping either. A typical roast on my US Roaster i would charge the beans around 400 or so and typically temp will turn around close to 180 and drop around 425. On the Toper with the same beans I'm getting a turn around in the neighborhood of 250 and the beans are finished around 390. I guess a lot of it is a matter of getting used to a different roaster. I'm in a situation where it's a good opportunity to move up to a larger roaster but I know nothing about Toper and haven't been able to find much. I'm hoping to hear someone else's experience with them. I'm so used to and comfortable with my US Roaster that this Toper seems kind of awkward. I'm pretty sure much of that will go away as I get more familiar with it. Would love to hear some opinions on if should stick with the Toper or would it be worth it to sell it and put the money towards a US Roaster the same size.