need info on estro profi espresso machine

buscandoagua

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
estro profi......does anyone know this machine? am writing from mexico city and would like to buy this machine used and want to know its value and if it can be serviced...any info would be helpful...thanks

johnl

Mar 25, 2004
Visit site
I'm interested in finding a Profi I can pull the grinder out of to test/fix mine. It has been working sporadically at times as it will clog up and I have to take it apart and clean the grinding interiors and dispenser system.

i'd be most interested in used grinder parts if you have them...otherwise I don't think it's worth throwing money at a 9 year old grinder that has seen a *lot* of use. all good use too! :D

leighc

Apr 6, 2004
San Francisco
Visit site
profi grinder

johnl said:
I'm interested in finding a Profi I can pull the grinder out of to test/fix mine. It has been working sporadically at times as it will clog up and I have to take it apart and clean the grinding interiors and dispenser system.

i'd be most interested in used grinder parts if you have them...otherwise I don't think it's worth throwing money at a 9 year old grinder that has seen a *lot* of use. all good use too! :D
Hi John,
I have an Estro Profi that has seen at least 2 cups daily usage since 1997 and still works great! I just experienced the same problem with the grinder. I took it apart and saw what the problem was...a broken part. I called Saeco (1-800-933-7876) and spoke to a customer service rep who gave me the name of someone who repairs these in my area. They also sent me a PDF of the skematics (sp?) with a parts list and I will first try to fix it myself. Good luck!

Alfonso14

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
For my first post I'm resurrecting a 6-year old thread on the Estro Profi (Saeco) machine with built-in grinder. This machine is a real workhorse, and after 15 years it still pulls great shots. The grinder has always been a little temperamental but it does the job.

I recently removed the grinder to clean it and to investigate why the rotating mechanism for adjusting the grind had jammed. In the end I couldn't figure out how to unjam it or better yet, how to actually take apart and separate the burrs.

I did get the grinder clean with a small brush and a rubber gum stimulator (great tool for this!), and the grinder works perfectly, but only on one setting.

Can someone explain to me how to take apart the burr housing and/or unjam the grind-refinement mechanism? BTW, I do have the official Saeco schematic for the machine and grinder, but it's not much help.

Thanks,
Alfonso

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
The adjustment mechanism is probably jammed due to coffee/oil buildup preventing it from moving. And as you are probably aware, frequent adjustments must be made to keep espresso dialed in. Before taking it apart I'd recommend trying a blast of compressed air in that area if possible. I will try to find a schematic online and help if possible. Later!