Need recommendation for grinder & espresso maker--need them to be easy to clean

herkdrvr

Jan 31, 2022
Denver
Visit site
Hi All,

I own a Technivorm Moccamaster which I've used to brew coffee daily for the last few years. I also own a Breville Smart Grinder Pro, but it recently died.

Now I'm in the market for a new grinder. I've never pulled my own espresso, but given I usually order espresso at cafes & restaurants, I'd like to give this a shot. (Pun intended). I'd also like to retain the ability to grind coffee for my Technivorm.

I've been eyeing the Baratza Vario series for a grinder, but I'm stuck on espresso machines as there is so much choice! I want the ability to pull my own shots, fail, learn, pull again etc. Critically, the machine should be easy to clean.

Budget is +/- $1000 all-in. What recommendations do you have for a grinder/espresso combo?

Thanks in advance!

Veromiller

Jun 26, 2022
Florida
Visit site
I went to a programmable coffee maker Cuisinart DCC-3000 over about a year ago. I control how hot the water is. Easy to clean. Makes good coffee..
This coffee maker offers superior brewing temperature, delivers complete programmability and has a super-convenient coffee dispenser design.

Last edited: