Need some help

lovetocamp

Nov 20, 2005
Visit site
I have been in business several years (not the coffee business) and recently have been asked to be on the advisory board for a small church that opened a coffee shop as a mission project. They are located on a college campus where there is no competition but I am wondering how much traffic you need to have to be successful? They opened a week ago and have only been averaging about $200 per day. The inside of the shop is beautiful and I think it's as nice as any coffeeshop I have been in.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Figure out their overhead. Utilities, rent, maintenance, supplies, employee costs, and everything else I didn't mention.

Only after you do that can you determine if $200 will make or break you.

The question I have for you is, how is the church classifying this business? Is the church nonprofit or profit?

lovetocamp

Nov 20, 2005
Visit site
It's a non-profit and they are considering it a mission project for the college students in the area but the church has very few assets so it needs to support itself.

Aliya

Apr 12, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
$200 a day

Only a week at $200 a day... all I have to say is that businesses take time. The place will slowly start to build clientele and make more... but you can NOT determine anything from one week of business.
~a