Nespresso...what do you think?

mizs

May 1, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,
I''m new to the board. I am interested in getting the Nespresso Manual C-190 machine. I know that you all may be against the pods but I actually really enjoy what I''ve tasted from the machine.

Any other owners?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Technically those machines don't use pods, but actually use capsules instead. From what I've read capsules will offer more freshness than a pod since it's sealed. IMO neither will give the same results as a good grinder and a semi-auto machine. Also, with pods you won't have nearly as much selection or convenience as you do with whole bean availability.

With that being said, if you want a decent shot with minimal effort and cost, then these machines should give you just that. Later!

CafeBlue

Dec 8, 2006
Toronto
Visit site
Also, consider carefully the LIMITED supply (Nestle only), limited distribution and smallish selection from single manufacturer.
The pod systems offer a somewhat larger range of pod manufacturer's and their product lines to choose from. Beware the range of quality and freshness offered in pod format, too.

Nodezone

Dec 21, 2006
Minneapolis
Visit site
Just got back from Mexico and the resort there had a new Nespresso machine in service. Honestly, not too bad. MUCH better than the other machine they had there, but that's not saying much.

I just continue to believe that for the money, semi-auto and custom beans are still the better choice. If I had a small shop or deli and wanted self-serve espressos, I'd take a serious look at it.