New again

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
Hello, it’s been a while since I have been here. Always loved coffee. Owned a coffee shop 10 years ago. My son is a coffee roaster. Now I French press everyday. Have a older baratza virtuoso, with a zojirushi water kettle. Will do a pour over with the hario v60. But really miss a good espresso shot, no good places around here. So started thinking about a home machine. Looking at a breville bambino as a budget entry point. So I wanted to say hello again.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome back! Personally I am not a fan of home espresso units..unless you pay a fortune you will never replicate a shot from a commercial unit. I always say it taste better when someone makes it for you. ;)

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
Welcome back! Personally I am not a fan of home espresso units..unless you pay a fortune you will never replicate a shot from a commercial unit. I always say it taste better when someone makes it for you. ;)
Thanks, I do hear you on that. But given no choices in my zip code, I may give it a shot. I’ll update here when I go forward with this. But I have plenty of other coffee stuff to talk about. In the mean time, enjoying my French press of the day🙂

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Do me a favor. Try using a clever dripper. The french press doesn't filter out oils that might be bad. Next time you brew a french press look at the surface at an angle. You can see a little oil slick no top. The clever dripper is also a complete immersion process but it has a filter to get rid of the oils. The taste is amazing.

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
Do me a favor. Try using a clever dripper. The french press doesn't filter out oils that might be bad. Next time you brew a french press look at the surface at an angle. You can see a little oil slick no top. The clever dripper is also a complete immersion process but it has a filter to get rid of the oils. The taste is amazing.
I’ll check that out. Thanks

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
One question, what is the brew capacity? 18oz?