new coffee bar in Houston, TX

sisupagrl5o4

Jan 6, 2006
Houston, TX
Visit site
can anyone recommend some good coffee blends for everyday roast and flavored roast too?

also can anyone recommend an excellent wholesale coffee company that delivers freshly roasted coffee with a wide variety and good prices?

thanks all~!

WABASH coffee
Houston, TX

Sabranie

Jan 5, 2006
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Seattle Micro Roaster

The Bean Collection is a Seattle micro-roaster of specialty coffees. We roast to order and promise to ship within 2 business days. Please visit our website and let me know if you are interested in wholesale pricing. I would be happy to send you a sample or two.

~Sabranie Coyne
beancollection.com

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
Re: Seattle Micro Roaster

Sabranie said:
The Bean Collection is a Seattle micro-roaster of specialty coffees. We roast to order and promise to ship within 2 business days. Please visit our website and let me know if you are interested in wholesale pricing. I would be happy to send you a sample or two.

~Sabranie Coyne
beancollection.com

So, if they wanted the freshest roast ... why would they order from seatle vs. a local specialty coffee roaster?

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Sorry to be late to this party: try contacting my friends at Cuvee Coffee in Houston. The owner is a client of mine (in the spirit of full disclosure), but I can say personally that they do a great job both with roasting coffee and in educating wholesale customers to serve outstanding beverages.

Andrew

Ok, so let's visit the roasting scene. I roast the order today or yesterday, I have to off gass for three days to get rid of the risidual co2 and other gasses produced in the roast. But let's say I ship it priority and it arrives in two to three days, at my customer locatio;. Guess what: It's perfect for use. So give up that, prose of a local roasrter has poor quality. I'd rather order a superior product than settle for local inferior. That being said; I'm a local roaster and I have local and national accts, they both like my product and rave, about the great taste. So: If you can find a local roaster with price, quality and willingness to give you priority attention; Use them. If you want a sampling of some of the best in the nation, ask for samples and pricing.

My $.02

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Talk to Phil at Dallas Coffee eXchange...good people! Oh by the way nice plug for your company...I am trying to understand what you said about local roasters and poor quality...I really wouldn't say that local roasters are all poor quality...but then again that is just my 2 cents :wink:

freshroast

Feb 7, 2006
Gig Harbor, WA
Visit site
:lol: I would say that is better and true in both regards. Buying from a local roaster or afar you still have to wait 2 to 3 days for off gasing so it really don't matter if you order afar as long as the shipping is prompt! :)

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
OUCH!!!Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs :twisted: ...My point being, if there is a local roaster that can take care of most of your needs, start there. However, if you see that the quality is lacking, then search around for a better roaster. We roast for local, national, and international markets. Quality, Freshness & Timeliness accounts for our success, just as it should for everyone in the roasting biz, for without those important factors none of us would survive for very long. So my humble advise would be to start there first. And if your local roaster doesn't work for you, then forget the rest and just come to me... :twisted: Just kidding...Search until you find what you are looking for, and who you feel comfortable with...