new coffee house in belize

secretgardenbelize

Apr 22, 2004
Visit site
Hi!

I am opening a small coffee house in Belize. I was wondering if any one had recommendations on an espresso maker. I was thining of an Expobar (seen on Whole Lotta Love website) or a Pasquini 90. There is about a $400.00 difference. The tech person on the Whole Lotta Love site recommended the Expobar. That is the only site that seems to sell this Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hi secretgardenbelize:

I'm sure we have all seen posts simular to yours over and over again about wanting to start a coffee shop using lesser quality espresso machines and thinking they will do the trick. My advice is if you are serious is to invest in getting an actual commercial machine. The models that cost only a few hundred dollars are mearly home models and can't withstand the everyday riggors of continued use, nor can they keep up with multiple drink making ability. In a commercial setting customers will not want to wait 5 minutes for you to make a drink. So I would say spend the money and get it right the first time, and you can avoid buying something that won't fulfill your needs and having to spend more to buy a commercial machine in addition to the cheaper home unit.

secretgardenbelize

Apr 22, 2004
Visit site
Hi Coffee Guy,
Thank you so much for the advice! I thought nobody was going to answer me. I was looking at semi-commercial machines (Expobar and Pasquini) that cost from $750.00 to $1200.00 Can you give me a recommendation?? Thanks again.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey secretgardenbelize:

Not a problem. I usually browse around on the weekends when there's nothing else to do :p

Anyway getting back to the subject. Truthfully I've never used either of these machines, however, after viewing the Expobar machines, they appear to look okay on the surface after reading the specs and I didn't see anything on the Pasquini 90. But then again I didn't really look hard to find it. I would put out another post and ask anyone out here if they've had any experience on either machine (hopefully not someone selling them) rather they have bought one, or any knowledge of someone that currently uses either. Well that's my 2 cents worth. :roll: