new coffee shop; first time owner

sisupagrl5o4

Jan 6, 2006
Houston, TX
Visit site
can anybody refer me to a web site or company that I can order counters and display cases from for a coffee bar? and maybe even a really good one for furniture.
and suggestions for really good espresso blends?
oh yeah, and how much you spent on the espresso machine in your coffee shop right now?

THANKS!!!

WABASH coffee

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
cases

you can look for display cases at restaurant supply stores in your area, I'm sure there alot. Also ebay is good, I have bought equipment and furniture on ebay.

We spend about $4000 for our machines New.

DavesLT

Nov 6, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
re: New coffee shop

You really should call around to the local restaurant equipment supply dealers in your area. Try and find one who has done a few coffee houses. Also, ask some local coffee establishments where they buy their equipment.

I highly recommend you buy your espresso machine from a local dealer who stocks parts and offers warranty service. Cheaper is seldom better when it comes to espresso machines. Check out my website's Espresso FAQ's for info on how to choose the right size machine for your operation.

Good Luck, Dave

cawi

Apr 7, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
displays

Are you looking for cardboard displays or wooden displays? I can suggest a few cardboard display manufacturers but they usually require a huge minimum order (around 100 displays) which is probably not going to be what you need! Try meridian displays, google them, and see what they offer.

BMWBOY713

Apr 2, 2006
San Francisco
Visit site
YOU SHOULD TRY CONTACTING PEOPLE ON CRAIGSLIST FOR VARIOUS EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE AND TRY TO FIND INDIVIDUALS THAT DEAL IN USED EQUIPMENT, THERE ARE PLENTY OF THEM, THEY CAN USUALLY TRACK DOWN ALMOST ANYTHING FOR YOU FOR LESS THAN HALF OF THE NEW PRICES, BUT WITH USED YOU WILL ALWAYS RUN THE RISK OF BREAKDOWN IN THE FUTURE. I JUST SIMPLY CALL A FEW RANDOM LISTINGS AND ASKED IF THEY DEALT IN USED COMMERCIAL EQUIPMENT, USUALLY 25% OF THE TIME THEY DO.

Panini Guy

Apr 24, 2006
Pittsburgh
Visit site
On the espresso machine (and grinders), you should also talk to your roaster. If you're using a "serious" espresso (blend or SO), odds are they'll want to point you to specific machines where they know they can dial in the best flavor profiles.

Might be more expensive, but also might be worth every penny if you're using a top roaster.

A good roaster will also provide training on the equipment.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Agreed P.G. Any good roaster is very concerned about their customer(s), especially when it comes to recommending what equipment best serves their coffee. Although there is nothing wrong with maybe searching "Craig's List" or others for a possible back up machine. But make sure you get one that is the same manufacture as your main machine. Also be careful if you purchase a used machine. You must have it checked up by a tech chosen by you before you purchase. :wink: