New from Northern New Jersey

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
Hey folks. New here but not new to coffee. Owned a specialty cafe in Northern NJ. Carried Intelli, Novo, Johnson Brothers, Ecco and some other roasters. Had a clover up and running for a bit. My family ran the shop of 2.5 years. Had to sell but my son stayed in the business. Worked for two high end shops in NYC and then got into roasting. He now a owner of a new Roasting Company out of Red Hook, Brooklyn. I love coffee. I French press every morning (my sons coffee, whos else🙂) . I still own the clover but it's in storage right now.

My favorite espresso drink is a Cortado when made correctly. Always trying new shops.

Look forward to hanging here and getting to know folks.

Rich

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Rich,

Welcome!

It sounds like your son followed in your footsteps. Did you "retire" from the world of coffee, or are you involved in your son's roasting business in some way.

Thanks for joining the Coffee Forums. We hope you'll visit us often

Rose

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
Hey all. Thanks for the welcome. I'm more helping on the business side. Marketing, Sales strategy, and enjoying unlimited supply of amazing coffee. I watch the roast the other day. I was amazed how much he actually knows about roasting. It's a fun business to be involved in. I met a lot of great folks. But now I'm more a hobbist more than anything. Maybe another cafe someday in the way future. I would post my sons site but I'm not sure of the forums rule about that.

cornercafe

Jun 10, 2016
Riverhead, NY
Visit site
I have seen sites posted so Here is my sons site. Great coffee. Give it a try. Spectrumcoffeenyc.com. Warning, a no thrills site. They are still working on that. I order every week. I get the single origins for home use. The mama Mina, Nicaragua is their first direct trade coffee and placed 7th in the Cup of Excellance. We know the family who owns the farm. The Meridiano Colombia is also great. I French press both. Running about 58 grams on a four cup press. If you do order. Please let me know what you think.

Rich

Roasting a batch on the Probat
IMG_3795.JPG

Last edited: