new grinder-coarser grind

mxyplizk

Dec 12, 2006
Visit site
My dad uses a braun grinder right now, and the other day he mentioned how he wished he could get a coarser grind from it. I'm looking to get him a new grinder for xmas, any suggestions? I don't have a specific price range yet, so anything goes. thanks!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I can definitely recommend a Capresso Infinity. You can get the ABS (plastic) model for around $90 or the brushed or polished chrome model for $140. They are well built for home use, are easy to operate and clean, offer very consistent results for any grind needed (Turkish to French Press), are very quiet and the list goes on. I've been using one for about 7 months now and it's great. I'm in the process of getting a KitchenAid Pro-Line for Christmas and I'm going to set it up strictly for espresso and use the Infinity for everything else needed. I'm sure he'll be happy with either of these fine units. Later!

MrEcted

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
I second the Capresso Infinity. We have one and it's very consistant. We only have the plastic one but I wouldn't give it up for any other grinder! Way worth the investment!