New guy here

Robrings

Nov 14, 2022
1023open!
Visit site
I have been roasting for 2.5yrs on a Royal #5 roaster. I'm in the process of renovating a 107yr old flour mill into a coffee shop and roastery. So far I have my commercial kitchen done and I'm selling coffee under my brand Old Mill Coffee. I attached a couple pictures of my new to me roaster. It's a Custom Royal #5 that was commissioned by Fischer peanuts.

Robrings

Nov 14, 2022
1023open!
Visit site
20221113_175705.jpg

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
That is gorgeous. I roasted on one 25 years or so ago and loved it. I don't see a trier. How do you check your coffee during your roasts? I had a wee whole cut and added a little "metal flap" in the top door. I would attach a s/s funnel and pour the coffee through that. I then used a small "ladle" trier to see the beans. Also using the funnel you wouldn't lose any heat vs opening the top door and dumping in. Love seeing places built...hopefully, you can post more pics one day.

mb7b64

Dec 25, 2022
London
Visit site
No, my building was built in 1914 as a flour mill. I'm renovating it into a coffee shop. Currently just have my commercial kitchen done, which is where my roaster is set up.
What style of renovation did you do? classicism? loft? or maybe FUJIAN? It just reminds me more of FUJIAN style, but I'm not so sure about that. I also think that oak doors would work very well here, which look modern and at the same time fits very well in such an interior. But in general, everything looks very cool, here I feel a kind of quiet atmosphere.

Last edited: