New Machine Jura-Capresso E8

eyeopener

Jul 25, 2004
Visit site
Help I am looking to make a starbucks/caribou coffee quality cup for home. I am the only one in my house that drinks coffee daily 2 cups in the morning and sometimes in the evening. I have fallen in love with espresso/lattes as well. I was looking at the Jura-Capresso E8 machine. Large $$$ I may trade in my truck to get one, this would even take up less garage space!(just kidding). Is there anything else out there like this? I like that I could make a cup at a time w/o a lot of detail and when company is over I could still make enough cups for everyone. But is the quality of this machine worth the $$$!!! Please Help Can't Stay Awake In The Morning!!!! :(

polyglot

May 24, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
Hi!

I purchased this baby about 2 months ago and it is amazing. I just e-mailed another chap about the same thing. It is superior to the C1000 in that it has an insulated grinder so your beans in the holding compartment do not get warm. It compares well to more expensive J-C's - the only real difference being capacity and display pretty stuff. I drink 2-3 lattes or cappuccinos a day and this baby heats up in 5 sec's - can be programmed to turn off after use anywhere from 30 min to 24 hours and it doesn't overheat. It kicks butt in making microfoam right in your cup (no need for a frothing pitcher!) and the cleaning of the frothing wand takes a second, literally. The big plus is that Williams Sonoma sells it and they stand behind anything they sell. If you have a big ol problem you can go straight to the store (make sure you keep the receipt) instead of through the company and they will make things right. I cannot tell you how happy I am w/ my machine. I really think Capresso's are going to fade out and J-C's are really going to be the only models which you will be able to find upgrades and service for easily in the next few years. Good Luck!