New Shop in Maryland Initial Planning your advice wanted.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread but I'd check over by your heating element. Past experience from loud cracking noises tends to make me think your element came in contact with some water and grounded out. It doesn't take much arc welding to kill a machine real fast!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Semper Fi CoffeeMD! I started off with a 3kg US Roaster and it has made me money. Still does. If you purchased a new roaster, Mahlkonig grinder and a Fetco brewer you would be looking at 15K. That is what I started with and have grown since. Started with just the roaster and selling whole beans. Then customers asked if I could grind for them, so I purchased a grinder. Then customers who wanted to purchase larger quantities wanted to taste so I purchased the Fetco Brewer. If you produce a good roast, the beans alone will pay for ll of your needed equipment. Others will disagree with what I posted but it worked for me.

CoffeeMD

Jul 5, 2014
Pasadena MD
Visit site
Hey all,
Just an update. I actually voted John Piquet at Caffee D'bolla in SLC. Great coffee thanks, and it was great to meet you! [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I have been focusing on my business model and i have been meeting with and talking to many business advisors and coffee experts. I am taking my time as many of you have said i should. It is coming together and I am getting there slowly. I'll keep updates for all and thanks for all the advice so far.

CoffeeMD
:)

[/FONT]