New shop, need a name

Munkey

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Hey hey hey, new to the forums and glad to be here. I recently tookover a coffee shop. I need a name, really bad ! Ive been playing with words for weeks and i have a huge list of useless names none of them grab ahold of me. I thought that i would throw it down here and see what you guys/gals can come up with. It's a small coffee shop at the entrance of a huge housing community there are over 1000 houses there with young couples. I share a building with a Curvesand an accountant (My Mom). Im withing walking distance from a My old Highschool so during the school year i can count on alot of business from the HS. I need a name that will appeal to both young and old alike. There are 2 names that i have considered one was " The Grind ", and " Java Bytes ". The grind sounds pretty cool, but i dumped it because it sounds like a dance club and some cheesy MTV show.... And much to my dismay i discovered that Java Bytes is already a corporation. Sooo im back to square 1. The name has to be catchy, i would prefer that it doesnt have the word coffee in it, but if you can make it sound good be my guest. Right now the shop has a real cozy atmosphere, but i want to add some flare to it pretty sooon. I want a name thats fun, but not so crazy as to scare away the regulars or elderly. Ive posted on some other forums and to be honest nobody has nailed it, but the suggestions definately helped open new doors.

=]

Thanks in advanced !

Munkey

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Something i might add, this can also be incorporated into the name. This is the 3rd Coffee shop thats been there. With that said you guys probobly think im destined for failure, or that im crazy =P. :lol:

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
So what's my cut if I nail the right name for you??? :twisted: Well here's just a couple of thoughts. Since you are the 3rd owner, try "3rd Times the Charm", or how about "Munkey's Spot"...Just trying to think out of the box. By the way, what encouraged you to buy this business? Also you might embrace the MTV type customers, after all you said that you were near a high school, and MTV attracts young dollars. I don't think you'll scare any existing customers away, who knows you may attract a hole new base of customers... 8)

Munkey

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Ahahahaha, dude if i had some money i would totally fork it over :lol: But you know if you do manage to nail it than you would get major props get a =]. Im losing sleep and business without a good name.... maybe i shoud remain nameless and just put up a sign that says Coffee Shop =P.

What do you think about
" The Coffee Grounds "

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I will come up with a kick ass one....will think some up tonight...but you will owe me a cup of coffee...where you at? Tophers coffee sounds like a winner :p

Munkey

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
" Lucky Cup " I like the sound of it, wierd thing is that i noticed that we actually have a sign in our shop that says " Lucky Cup Coffee ". What do you guys think ?

Shooter

Jul 14, 2005
Temecula, CA
Visit site
Looks like you're gettin' some great ideas!

I'm new to this chat forum, but not new to coffee or marketing. Let me start by giving you the best piece of advice given to me, "Keep it Simple"!

You want the general public to see your name and KNOW that it's a Coffee Shop. "Cafe ___" Fill in the blank...anything with cafe works...or the coffee or anything directly affiliated with coffee.

Not just b/c it's my handle on here...but I think "Shooters Cafe" or just "Shooters" would be a fair 'shot' at your coffee shop's name. Especially if you have beer/wine. I noticed your shop is in Texas, this might have tons of ways to incorporate great advertising to bring people to you.

Well, no matter what you chose to name your shop, I wish you great success!

Oh, and a question back at ya if you don't mind....who have you chosen as your roaster?

~mac

Munkey

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the advice ! I had considered some names like Aaron's Cafe, but I wanted to be a little bit different to me it seems that the words cafe, bean, java, etc. are a bit overused. But i do understand where you are coming from, there is a coffee shop close by and its called " The Lost Cat Co. " i think. Theres a huge orange cat sculpture on teh building, wierdest thing is most people that see it think that its a animal shelter or something =P.

Buzzed Fae

Jul 28, 2005
Visit site
Names

I really like the suggestion of "The Lucky Cup"
And I'll toss a few into the hat "Steamin' Beans" "The Bottomless Cup"
"Bean Haven" :wink:

redmoose

Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
you guys all have great names for coffee shops when i open mine i am gonna have to go to you guys. you can always pick an animal like i dunno you fav one. or use your last name. or if you are in it with someone call it "Albert&Jimmies" or somethin funky and what the heck ask GOOGLE