New to OCS

Sol

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am getting into the ocs industry. My 1st 2 machine should arrive in a couple of weeks and I'm very excited.. They are single serve machines. I have some ideas already of where they might go.

Now Im sure there are some experienced OCS peoiple out there so maybe you could give me some advise on approaching company owners? And do OCS operators generally invoice the company for the amount of cups used during the month or do the employees generally pay for each cup?

I'm sure this is going to be a steep learning curve for me. :grin:

Some of the larger operators drop a machine off for 2-5 day test with free coffee. Then they "try" to take it away. Single cup is so well suited to office that it usually ends up with a sale.

You bill the office. Don't get in a situation where you are charging employees. Let the office manager make that decision.

The selling point for the employer is that employees are not taking the 20 minute trip to the coffee shop. They stay on site and are more productive. There is some research on the effect of casual interaction between employees (hallway talk, water cooler, coffee bar, etc) on innovation. You can google it.

You make your money by selling cases of single cup servings. Have a variety of flavors because that is the strength of single cup.

Good luck

Sol

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys.
I will be using the saeco 7p machines. They have 7 different flavours so variety should not be an issue.

I was going to ask a local bar owner if he would like to add some gourmet coffee drinks to his menu by using my machine. :eek:) I was wondering if anyone had tried this approach before? And if you know where I might get some "coffee drinks" menus online? It would look much better if I had the sample menu with me when trying to sell the product.

Thanks again for your tips.
Sol