New to Roasting

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Hello-- newbie here, just wanting to learn more about the drink I love and as much as possible about roasting my own green beans.

Looking forward to having :coffee: with all of you!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome Thor. What are you roasting on and how long have you been at it? I have a 60 kilo Ambex that I use to roast for our bagel chain. I hope you enjoy the forum. Loads of good folks here.

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Welcome Thor. What are you roasting on and how long have you been at it? I have a 60 kilo Ambex that I use to roast for our bagel chain. I hope you enjoy the forum. Loads of good folks here.

Hi topher-- Thanks for the welcome. Complete newbie, but fascinated by the whole process. I'm learning on a San Franciscan drum roaster -1kg - essentially a sample roaster, just to get the hang of it.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Welcome. You have a super nice machine there... I would love to have one as a small roaster. Running a USRC 12K. Cup / Cup and Cup some more.. let your tastebuds guide you!

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Welcome. You have a super nice machine there... I would love to have one as a small roaster. Running a USRC 12K. Cup / Cup and Cup some more.. let your tastebuds guide you!
Thank you for the welcome Musicphan. Sadly the roaster doesn't have speakers and bluetooth like my Traeger Grill. :ROFLMAO:

Then I could easily incorporate my love for music with my love for coffee! From one music fan to another.

I'm expecting my first shipment of green beans from Sweet Maria's today. I chose Guatemala San Martin Jilotepeque.

Beans grown on the side of a volcano.