new to roasting

Zigmus

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
I am a newcomer to the world of fine coffee. I''ve always had a good taste in food and alcohol, but it''s only been over the past year or so since i''ve been grinding my own coffee, and found out that Folger''s isn''t really good coffee. Anyway, my love of coffee has gone down the same path as my love of food, and i''m getting more and more interested in creating my own from \"scratch.\" So now I want to start roasting, and i''m not sure where to get started. I know there''s a number of appliances out there that will roast it for me, but there''s also the stovetop popcorn poppers, and the bbq pit roasters. Could i get a little guidance?

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
home roasting

I have a fresh roast plus 8 roaster that I have been using for almost a year and love it. I like roasting so much I started a website to sell beans. Right now I only have 25lb green beans but am working on adding less pound bags. If you would like to compare different roasters look on my website under home roasting I have a few.

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
I am also happy with the Fresh Roast 8. It is easy to use and easy to maintain. You can usually buy them for $70 to $80. Once you try fresh roasted, it's hard to go back! Despite what some say, there is a huge difference.

ap958

May 30, 2006
Visit site
Z,

Forget the high priced roasters. get a hot air popcorn maker, it must have the metal cup that circulates air.

I've been roasting for 2 years now 7 to 8 minutes depending how dark a roast you like.

Once you start roasting you will never go back to buying it roasted.

Its easy!! Forget the oven, that takes hours and lots of work.