New to the forums - roastery and multi coffee shop owner

pcc

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys!
Fresh on the forum scene but long time lurker!
Always been using this site for info and roasting problems ...99 problems and then some!
Forever thankful for all the wisdom knowledge being dropped in great forums such as these.

We are a UK based Coffee roasters with 3 stores, started up 5 years ago when 80% of our customers asked us what a flat white was...now its our most sold beverage how quickly the scene has changed!

We started roasting on a 2kg dongyi quickly outgrowing to a 5KG turkish that we run 8 hours 5 days of the week currently upgrading to our vintage probat L12 thats currently a very long work in progress but every day getting closer to running... touch wood!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome! Where in the UK? I was in Manchester a couple of years ago and said to my wife we needed to move there and open a roastery! They were basically where the states were coffee wise in 94. Would love to see pics of your digs....again welcome!

tfehst

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hey there,

How was your experience with Dongyi? Has the machine been as advertised or have you had any issues with it? I ask as I am currently looking at getting one but there seems to be lots of red flags in regards to their alibaba ads and conflicting information.

Cheers