New Zealand

Wendy

May 10, 2006
New Zealand
Visit site
Hi, Kiwicoffee

I too am about to start my own coffee roasting business in the Deep South of NZ. I am getting a 5kg Toper roaster in about 6 weeks and hope to be open by xmas. It is very exciting as it has been my ambition to own my own place for years. I resigned from my job of the last 11yrs so now things are really getting moving and I cant wait ! I am coming to Auckland for the Coffee Festival in November and to do some training with my roaster supplier and to met with Burton Hollis who I am going to get my beans from. Where abouts in NZ are you starting up ?? :)

Kiwi Coffee

Aug 29, 2006
New Zealand
Visit site
NZ

Hi Wendy, I'm in Hawkes Bay. My plans are on hold at present, I was unsuccessful with 2 offers on existing premises in Napier and Taradale. Still have my eyes out but will probably have to wait until after summer as the current owners trade through Christmas and Summer.

Regards

Wayne

Hi Wayne and Wendy. Great to see some fellow Kiwi's posting here on Coffeeforum.com . I am originally from Wellington, but have been living my coffee dream in Indonesia since 1998. Good luck to both of you with the start-ups. If you need any tips just PM or email me. Always glad to help out if I can.

Cheers, Alun

Wendy

May 10, 2006
New Zealand
Visit site
Hi Alun

thanks for the offer of help ! I am hoping to be open by xmas so if anyone is passing by Outram about 20mins south of Dunedin call in and say hi !
I'm calling the shop "The Wobbly Goat" Coffee Roaster & Cafe
I know I have a lot to learn especially with the roasting side of things, but it is what I love and I thrive on working hard. I am going to Auckland on the 10th of November for the coffee festival and to train with supplier of the roaster. I have some pretty strong ideas about what I want on the coffee side of things but have not decided on suppliers for Hot Choc/Syrups and Teas. I have alot to sort out with the building I am going to lease, I have 3 weeks left at work and then I will be working fulltime on getting set-up.

Kiwi Coffee

Aug 29, 2006
New Zealand
Visit site
Well almost a year but I've finally done it and bought a place. Affogato at 214 Emerson Street, Napier. Take over Monday week, will be using the old name and decor for a few weeks before closing for a rebranding. Current name is Deco-dence. Anyone is welcome to pop in and say hi.

Cheers

Wayne

Good on ya! I have just finished a 2 week trip to NZ, mainly in Wellington(my home town). I found the coffee scene in the Capital to be really vibrant- Lafaare, Immigrants sn, Mojo, Havana, Rivive, Supreme...all quality roasters. There may be a weeee chance we are looking at opening a little place down there as well...lets see!

Kiwi Coffee

Aug 29, 2006
New Zealand
Visit site
Hi Alun,

If you do decide to open up and are passing through Napier, come in and look me up.

regards

Wayne Wright
Affogato Coffee House
214 Emerson Street
Napier
New Zealand