North of the 49th?

elizabethgypsy

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone - I'm new!
I've spent a ridiculous amount of time reading all the posts here - finally decided to join.
For about 6 months I've been researching everything possible about opening my own cafe - and I mean absolutely everything. It's boggling how much information I've poured over in that time!
I worked in a cafe for about 4 years, and did everything short of collect the profits, when I was younger.

Granted, it was all set up, so I didn't have the headaches of finding suppliers, waiting for word to get out, marketing, etc.
But I'm fairly confident I can do this, and more than anything I know exactly what I want in my cafe. I know the menu, the customers, how it will look, and how I'll engage the local community.

I won't bore you all with the details now, I'm still trying to find the right location (just found out the landlord of the 'perfect' location I had in mind won't pay for any leasehold improvement, and it would need min. $30,000 in electrical and plumbing before getting into cafe-specific construction!!), and use every moment I have to learn more.

So my REAL question, after all that blabber, is are there any Canadians here? I'm in Ontario, and so far I've only noticed american cities mentioned. Just curious if there is anyone I can ask area-specific questions of?

I look forward to getting to know everyone a little better, and sharing my story!

Elizabeth

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "elizabethgypsy"

Welcome to the coffee forums website. As you can see, you'll find lots of information here!

I recall that one member, coffeeloverlisa, is from Canada. You may want to do a search for her name and look at her posts, or you can send her a private message.
Her website is http://www.rocketfuelcoffee.com and you can find a phone number for her there too.

Rose

morrisn

Mar 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi elizabethgypsy

I am from the Canadian west coast and my shop is in it's seventh year. I will try and answer any questions I can. Are you in a major city or a smaller town, there are very different dynamic's for both.