Not an addict.. but it doesn't help me stay up late any more

Turner

Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Hi all -

I do love coffee, but can easily go without.

Recently - about 3 years ago - I returned to college full-time to finish my degree in fine art.

Since we have two kids, I was able to work during the day, but not until they went to bed at night, usually between 8 and 8:30.

I'd brew up four cups and sip along happily until 1 or 2 am, then hit the sack, without any trouble falling asleep (unless I was particularly exited about a project..)

Anyway, it seemed to help me stay awake, though it didn't keep me up.

Now, I find, four cups - although I drink that much far less frequently now - doesn't help as much as it used to! Oh no!

Can you build a tolerance to caffeine? I know some people are naturally way too hyper on coffee, but I didn't know if you could necessary get immune to it.

Thanks,
Andrew

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
Building up an immunity to caffeine is somewhat common.

Somedays 1 or 2 cups of coffee will get me so hyper I cannot work, but if I continue a common drinking habit of 2 cups a morning I will stay alert and attentive with my work.

Although it will work against you and you might start to want coffee just to feel like starting your day. =)

hope it helps =D

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
hehe, ok for you, great for coffee retailers.

Anyone can manage their coffee consumtion without any major problems, although technically some scientists say caffeine withdrawl is a legitimate mental disorder. So when cutting back on the coffee take baby steps. =D