OK, Looks Like I'm Settling On An Astoria SARA Super-Auto

ABM

Mar 4, 2007
Atlanta
Visit site
Found it for less than $10k from Zecuppa.

Even though the espresso "purists" appear to be turning up their collective noses towards the whole super-automatic thing, I can't see any good reason why I wouldn't want one.....considering I'll be operating out of a potentially very busy double-sided-drive-thru, coupled with the open windows and climate changes her in GA. I want to have automatic control over the grind and this will cover that for me.

It just seems to make good sense and the pricing I found is unbeatable.

I spent many happy hours (not "Happy Hours" as in boozing) in CMA spa's training facility in Susegana looking inside the SARA and JADA their Superautomatic. I liked the technology, but am still more of a fan of the Semis and Autos under the Astoria branding. I think for around $6k you could get a souped up Gloria which has push button programing for layers lattes, cappuccios etc while still allowing barista control over shot quality. Just my few cents worth- sure either way you goyou will be happy with your choice.

ABM

Mar 4, 2007
Atlanta
Visit site
Alun_evans said:
I spent many happy hours (not "Happy Hours" as in boozing) in CMA spa's training facility in Susegana looking inside the SARA and JADA their Superautomatic. I liked the technology, but am still more of a fan of the Semis and Autos under the Astoria branding. I think for around $6k you could get a souped up Gloria which has push button programing for layers lattes, cappuccios etc while still allowing barista control over shot quality. Just my few cents worth- sure either way you goyou will be happy with your choice.

Another reason why I LOVE this forum so much! 8)

Thanks for the feedback. I have not "totally" settled on the super-auto. In fact, a part of the reason why I've put this "feeler-gauge" in here. :grin:

*back to more research*

ABM

Mar 4, 2007
Atlanta
Visit site
Alun_evans said:
I think for around $6k you could get a souped up Gloria which has push button programing for layers lattes, cappuccios etc while still allowing barista control over shot quality. Just my few cents worth- sure either way you go, you will be happy with your choice.

For that matter, are all grinders basically created equal? With that, any recommendations?