Old Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDrinkPurelyCoffee

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Wordpress is a pretty useful tool to get a website up and started. It has its shortcomings, too, esp. with regard to SEO, but there are some very useful plugins to get you started, and some great themes (free & paid).

Kenneth

JRMobile

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Ellie: It's certainly a great start. I do have some key suggestions though - primarily you should consider simplifying the front page. Ask yourself what you want your visitors to do, and also what your visitors are thinking when they visit. You want less decisions for them, but you also want to simultaneously answer their desires as well as get them to go where you want (which is to your shop to buy coffee). Ideally these two align.

In short: make a simpler home page which features your coffee and how people can get it. Think this: 'one page, one task'

Rebecca: great website y'all have going there - it's clean and easy to navigate. One major caveat: due to the way the website is built, your major key information about the retail business on the front page does not load on mobile. It looks like it's possibly to find by digging around, but you would be turning away the majority of mobile users by not providing a solid solution upfront.

MorningSunrise

Dec 4, 2012
Texas
Visit site
Ellie, I think you are passionate about your site and the subject matter, but if you intend to make money with it, don't get too excited. Just from a visual point, it's lacking. Don't get discouraged though. Look at your favorite site and try to emulate it. Grab a good latte and keep working.

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Not Bad, however you might consider making the fonts in the right sidebar a bit smaller and uniformed. Consider using more graphics and even movie clips whedre possible. We are officially a visual society.

HOT COFFEE & COOL BEANS!
www.CoffeeRetreat.com

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Wordpress is a pretty useful tool to get a website up and started. It has its shortcomings, too, esp. with regard to SEO, but there are some very useful plugins to get you started, and some great themes (free & paid).

Kenneth

Why do you say WP has a bad SEO setup? I've noticed that GOOGLE is in love with WP sites because there is typically a lot of traffic through them. Just wondering :)

eKoffee

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Agree with CoffeeMate with respect to WP SEO. Our company website was built on WP and we have seen solid site indexing results via Google.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:

Seth

Feb 12, 2013
Palo Alto
Visit site
31 Sample Coffee Shop Website here are some great templates.

The origins on the left, and the keywords on the right feel cluttered. Also I have to second the suggestions to adding pictures with products. I think you're off to a great start though, but do need to make some tweaks in order to take the beanery coffee roasters to the next level.

-Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.