Opening new location in Los Angeles need help finding equipment

abrutzi

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and thought it would help me gather some Equipment that i still need to open my shop. I have access for the majority of the general stuff, fridge, sink, blenders, etc. The stuff I am mainly looking for is the coffee related equipment.
I am looking to make this a high end espresso bar. So, I am considering some top end equipment. we are planning on roasting the coffee inside the shop and selling by the pound to go as well.

1. La Marzocco Strada 3 group MP or EP. Maybe Synesso Hydra as well.
2. between 5-10 Pound Coffee roaster, either diedrich, or Ambex, etc.
3. Grinders, most likely Mazzer, but open to any other top end.

If you have any extra equipment or are looking to sell some of the above items, I am very interested and am ready to make purchases. we have considered buying the LM strada new but it is quite expensive and are trying to find a good condition used one. The roaster is were we have had some problems. It is a very costly item and permitting any roaster that is larger than 10 pound capacity can be nearly impossible in this city.

Equipment does not have to be local, if the price is right we would be willing to pay for shipping!

Please message me with anything that has to do with this or if you think you have something that might be of interest to me.

Thanks

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
California...What are the restrictions roaster wise? I know you said anything bigger than a 10lb roaster...but what happens if you get a 2.5 kilo? Will they shut you down the first time someone smells coffee being roasted? Will they make you run an afterburner if you roast on a 5 or 10 kilo? I wish you luck on your search...and your permitting. Keep us posted I am curious to what the city is going to say.