Opinions on Business Consultants

JavaJunkie

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
I'd like to know how many of you current businessowners used a business consultant before purchasing your business and whether or not you thought it was worth it. How do I go about finding a reputable business consultant in my area? What is the cost of having a complete evaluation done (valuing an existing business, etc.)?

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
You might want to try using the "search" feature and enter the keyword "consultant." This topic comes up very regularly and there are a number of responses that I believe you may find helpful.

Best regards,

Andrew

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I agree with CM. Do a search on consultants. But go a step further and plug in coffee or espresso consultants. You will find an exhaustive list. However, that still may not tell you much outside of the fact that they are consultants. It's a very selective thing on your part, and you must do your due diligence to come up with a decision that you will be comfortable with. It still amazes me how many experts that have jumped on the band wagon within the last few years. Many claim to be experts, however, have never operated a business, let alone an espresso or coffee business. So be careful in your search. I would say that you start with a consultant closest in your area. This way they can be of better service to you. If that doesn't work out, then look for someone just outside of your local area, and if that search fails, then look a little further out. I'm sure you get my point. But in any case, I would advise you to get a consultant, because in both the short and long run if they are good then they will be able to save you money by assisting you so you don't spend your money making costly mistakes.