Our new website is up!

nickmuso

Jan 7, 2008
UK
Visit site
Hi Fresh Roaster,
Nice looking site. The only constructive criticism I would make is that if a site is designed as fixed width rather than flexible, it should at least fit into the minimum resolution it's likely to be viewed at (800px less width of the scroll bar), so as to not force the viewer to scroll sideways to view the whole of the content.
Yours doesn't quite.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Nice colors, great photo gallery.

Why burlap though? Do we have to know what coffee beans come in? Why not show the wooden pallet the sacks came in on?

Nice job though, I'm sold on the machine.

I gotta get a pretty girl on my front page too. :D

nickmuso

Jan 7, 2008
UK
Visit site
davidsbiscotti said:
It fits in my internet explorer browser perfectly. It's a very neat and organized website in my opinion.

Hey Nick, what browser do you use?

Hi davidsbiscotti,
I resized my resolution to 800 x 600 and viewed it in Firefox where I had to scroll sideways a bit to view the complete page. Didn't check it in IE which is the most common browser by a long way, but even so, FF is becoming increasingly popular and there are lots of others out there like Opera. It makes sense to check your site in all of them if you want all your visitors to have a good experience. I can't post the URL as a URL as it will be removed from this section of the forums, but browsershots dot org is the site for this.

Fresh Roaster

Jun 30, 2006
Visit site
I'll have to check into that FF issue. Hadn't heard of any problems before. And thanks for the comments. Next week we add the blog, forum and "Expert's Corner". We've got some nice guest columnists set up starting with Robert Barker from Kenneth David's Coffee Review. Get your questions ready!

Something neat is coming soon too... It's called "Fresh Roast Marketplace". I can't say too much just yet but stay tuned. It's in the Fresh Roasted Coffee Menu on the site. All I will say is it will change the way many people buy... uh,... I meant, roast their own coffee, on line! :D

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
Anything that can actually get fresh roasted coffee into more places, has got to be a good thing. One thing I found off-putting is the lack of information about the machine itself.....it leaves me thinking what are they trying to hide?

On reading the brochure and looking at some of the roasts, one or two looked a little less than ideal (one looked particularly uneven) page 5 of the brochure, the stuff in the burlap sack).

So maybe a little more information about the machine itself might be a good thing?