💵 For Sale Pacamara Collaborative Nicaragua RAW beans For Sale

rolliedorsi

Apr 4, 2021
Visit site
I overbought these beans from goldmountaincoffeegrowers. Trying to sell some off. THESE BEANS ARE SOLD OUT ON THE COMPANIES WEBSITE. Information on the coffee is included in the pictures. These beans arrived on October 4th. They are fresh as can be. Will be mailed via USPS Flat rate Medium box (10 lbs) or Large box (20 lbs). $15 or $22. shipping

$60 for 10 pound bag plus shipping
$110 for 20 pound bag plus shipping

Thank you

PC1.JPG
PC2.JPG

Last edited:

ChrisP

Sep 27, 2020
Visit site
Can I ask what you mean by a great challenge for any roaster? Side note, the original post is from 2021.
While the OP stated he misspoke. Pacamara are a tricky bean to roast even for the skilled roaster. They are a hybrid variety between Pacas and Maragogype. These beans are gigantic and expand even larger when roasting. They are also very low density beans, which make them very easy to over roast and also impart roast defects like scorching/tipping, etc. if you can roast this coffee right it is amazing though.

ChrisP

Sep 27, 2020
Visit site
So sort of like roasting monsooned Malabar...just need to pay attention.
Yeah, it’s not quite like roasting robusta, but there is a lot more attention that needs to be taken. I’m sure you can search and see some pictures of what pacamara and maragogype beans look like scale wise in conparison but they are called “elephant beans” for a reason. I would say the size of these beans can play tricks on your thermocouples so you really need to take that into consideration and use the full arsenal of sensory analysis when roasting these to know when to make your adjustments.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Yeah...I've roasted it all. Hated roasting Malabar and wont roast robusta anymore. I used to play with a small percentage of robusta in an espresso blend but stopped. Don't need to boost your crema if you are using fresh coffee.