Packaging? Where do you buy your bags?

Simon99

Feb 2, 2022
China
Visit site
only waited 6 months for delivery?? are u serious? normally production 20-30days, sea shipping 35days ...
I think the 3 primary sources of bags are China, Taiwan and India. I have been quoted by domestic Canadian and US producers. Canadian prices are crazy. US prices are more competitive but don't touch the Asian prices. That may have changed due to shipping costs.

I recently received printed film from China....................only waited 6 months for delivery...then again, it didn't matter with all the covid lockdowns, but if I were in a hurry, it would have been an issue

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
I understand normal shipping is 30 days or so, but these are not normal times.

I will tell you the story of a friend who needed his product shipped. He offered the shipping people a $8,000 "cash consideration" to make sure his container got on the boat. Some offered more so his container didn't get on the boat so he had to air freight his product and eat the cost.

I dunno if you are saying you can work magic and get orders here in 35 days but I would only believe it when I saw it

Simon99

Feb 2, 2022
China
Visit site
I understand normal shipping is 30 days or so, but these are not normal times.

I will tell you the story of a friend who needed his product shipped. He offered the shipping people a $8,000 "cash consideration" to make sure his container got on the boat. Some offered more so his container didn't get on the boat so he had to air freight his product and eat the cost.

I dunno if you are saying you can work magic and get orders here in 35 days but I would only believe it when I saw it
the container shortage is real but the shipping time and shipping fee over-exaggerated I think.. unless you buy whole container bags, roll stock. The whole container 20# 40# is hard to order and extremely expensive. Yes, I admit it. but LCL (Less than Container Load) shipping 380$/cubic meter shanghai to NY port this year and shipping time is 35days. we shipped a lot of bags this year and our clients received them on time. Perhaps you should call me and buy from us and definitely ,I will show you the “magic” :)

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
5000Pieces/ deisgn for this forums members if anyone interested . Yup, i am the bag supplier what seb mentioned above. :)thank you Sebastien!;) -- So i registered and talk with you guys directly . Raw material increase crazy in 2021. You may cannot save much in bags. but i guarantee the good quality for sure! not only bags, but also other stuff you need to buy and we will help you without any porfit. This is our service!

Yes- please shoot me info. I will reach out to you via pm.

Thanks

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
This is the most expensive type of all coffee bags so yes i pay more. But it’s top quality materials, valve, zip at the top, flat brick style bottom. I love them but for a 340g/12oz bag it’s about $0,27usd per bag printed. Plus shipping, bigger size are more expensive of course.

Thank you again Seb. I reached out to Simon. I appreciate your help.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I found the same bag I am using for $.099 vs $.21 we currently pay. As for PBFY I used them before. She enticed me with a lower price on my initial order and when I re ordered the price matched my last company. I got no warning of an increase. I get it but don't like it...seemed shady. All good though...my samples come in 10 days.

Simon99

Feb 2, 2022
China
Visit site
I found the same bag I am using for $.099 vs $.21 we currently pay. As for PBFY I used them before. She enticed me with a lower price on my initial order and when I re ordered the price matched my last company. I got no warning of an increase. I get it but don't like it...seemed shady. All good though...my samples come in 10 days.
I do not know how much you order, but $.21 for 8OZ flat pouch with valve is EXTREMELY expensive I think. $.099 seems like a trick same with you buying in a supermarket something marked $599, why not quote $ .1 directly.:D

Simon99

Feb 2, 2022
China
Visit site
Step for ordering custom bags:

Note :
Do not find suppliers from Alibaba,90% of sellers belong to the trading companies.
The trading company probably offers you an unstable quality bag at a cheap price. sometimes good, sometimes shitty.You never know. cause their supplier to keep changing( the cheapest factory win the order)

We use Gravure printing for your bags, It is very cost-effective for large orders.
plate fee cost in colors, normally cost 70-80USD/ color,
plate fee prices will vary by bag type, size

How to confirm your bag price:
1. Bag type ( Stand Up Pouches, Gusseted Bags, Block Bottoms, Flat Pouch, etc.
2. Design artwork AI format( contain the size, color, valve position, zipper type)
(size, how many color estimate, with valve or not, zipper type If your artwork are not ready yet)
3. Material &Thickness (We will provide constructive advice based on your needs)
4. Quantity(The more the cheaper)

We will offer accurate price, production time, shipping time based on the current exchange rate.

5. payment, production, delivery.
(50% deposit -50%before shipping )(15*20days-20k-50k)(35 days to the USA)
Hope you guys finally get quality bags :)

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
That's a bit surprising... I can say I've had really good luck with them. In fact, in the last order, they missed 1 case of 5lb stock bags. No questions asked they overnighted me a new case. Had terrible luck with Sav On

Thor

Jan 26, 2022
Visit site
Step for ordering custom bags:

Note :
Do not find suppliers from Alibaba,90% of sellers belong to the trading companies.
The trading company probably offers you an unstable quality bag at a cheap price. sometimes good, sometimes shitty.You never know. cause their supplier to keep changing( the cheapest factory win the order)

We use Gravure printing for your bags, It is very cost-effective for large orders.
plate fee cost in colors, normally cost 70-80USD/ color,
plate fee prices will vary by bag type, size

How to confirm your bag price:
1. Bag type ( Stand Up Pouches, Gusseted Bags, Block Bottoms, Flat Pouch, etc.
2. Design artwork AI format( contain the size, color, valve position, zipper type)
(size, how many color estimate, with valve or not, zipper type If your artwork are not ready yet)
3. Material &Thickness (We will provide constructive advice based on your needs)
4. Quantity(The more the cheaper)

We will offer accurate price, production time, shipping time based on the current exchange rate.

5. payment, production, delivery.
(50% deposit -50%before shipping )(15*20days-20k-50k)(35 days to the USA)
Hope you guys finally get quality bags :)

Hi Simon-- You offer 16 oz (453g) option as well, right?