Painfully Noobish

jokerman

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Well I am a new guy to the scene. Have a great love for coffee that dates back to a couple years ago. I have evolved from the early days of cheap coffee to now drinking some moderatly good coffees.

Anyway, looking for a good site that would breakdown some of the coffees of the world and what one can expect (taste wise) from the bean based on location. You might have a link for me, advice and instruction liken to talking to a four year old, or arrogant remarks as you look down your nose while sipping espresso. :D

jokerman

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Blast! My first topic and it flew out into the cyber space and nose dived into insignificance.

I was sort of hoping for some kind of feedback other than a link, but realistically who wants to type all that out when they can just link it. :-D

javayankee

I found Kenneth Davids book, "Home Coffee Roasting: Romance and Revival" actually gave me a good broad knowledge base to start with. I know it's particularly valuable in terms of roasting, but it gives an understanding of perhaps why certain coffees of certain regions typically taste the way they do. I'm sure there are other books out there as well that cover it just as well, but that was my experience. :D