Painting a used roaster

scotthark

Mar 11, 2006
Carlsbad, CA
Visit site
Depends on the roaster, but you should be able to use High-Temp BBQ Paint, I think its made by Rust-O-Lem(sp?). I used to work for a roaster maintenance company, and that is what we some times used for a quick job.

scotthark

Mar 11, 2006
Carlsbad, CA
Visit site
It'll work. Which parts you'll be painting and how hot the metal is getting? What type of roaster is it (make, model, year)? I've used that BBQ paint on all different size roaster and all kinds of parts, if you do end up using it, take the parts you want to paint and get them sand blasted; if you can't do that, sand them down the best you can.

Here is the link, for the stuff I'm talking about:
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=112

It depends on how you want your finish, the BBQ paint a nice unglossed flat. That high temp with ceramic will also work well, but you will need to get all the oil from what you'll be painting or else over time it'll flake off.

dustin323

Jul 3, 2007
Louisiana
Visit site
Sorry for not posting back about it sooner. Have been busy and getting the roaster all running. I ended up painting it with high heat engine enamel paint. It was the Dupli-Color brand. I primed it up with the stuff that is good for up to 1200 F & over that I painted it a nice blue color which is good up to 500 F. Just to fill ya'll in it's just a little Coffee-Tec 1 kilo Torrefatorre roaster. This is my second roaster, but a nice step up from my HotTop roaster. It seems strongly built and was real simple to strip apart and put back together.

Paolo

Aug 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dustin323,
How is your new roaster going?
How does it compare to the quality of roasts you were getting from your Hottop?
Have you taken any photos yet?

Lumberjack

Oct 17, 2007
Clearwater, Fl
Visit site
[quote:982674f06a=\"dustin323\"]Sorry for not posting back about it sooner. Have been busy and getting the roaster all running. I ended up painting it with high heat engine enamel paint. It was the Dupli-Color brand. I primed it up with the stuff that is good for up to 1200 F & over that I painted it a nice blue color which is good up to 500 F. Just to fill ya''ll in it''s just a little Coffee-Tec 1 kilo Torrefatorre roaster. This is my second roaster, but a nice step up from my HotTop roaster. It seems strongly built and was real simple to strip apart and put back together.[/quote:982674f06a]

that engine paint works awesome for roasters. I have used it many times on the job for a quick touch up and it holds up to the heat very well.

[quote:982674f06a=\"Davec\"]I would think you could also contact some major roaster manufacturers and ask them what they use....I would be suprised if they wouldn''t tell you.[/quote:982674f06a]

we powdercoat all of the machines.